Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge Ram Daytona Press Kit:

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 10:38 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Ram Daytona Press Kit:

Dodge Revs Up Iconic Muscle-Era Performance Package with Introduction of All-New 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona

Limited-edition Dodge Ram draws inspiration from winged 1969 Dodge Charger race car

Dodge dealers to take delivery of first 75 production Dodge Ram Daytona models in ceremonial parade lap at Daytona International Speedway

Auburn Hills, Mich., Feb 17, 2005 - Building on its storied legacy of power and performance, Dodge is bringing the historic Daytona nameplate to the Dodge Ram line of pickup trucks. The limited-edition 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona, with legendary HEMI® power and bold Daytona-inspired styling, draws further attention to the Ram 1500's leadership claim as the most powerful light-duty pickup truck on the market.

"The all-new, limited-edition 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona has a bold, race-inspired attitude for customers seeking a performance-packaged pickup like no other," said Darryl Jackson, Vice President, Dodge Marketing, Chrysler Group. "With 20-inch chrome wheels, a unique custom paint job and a huge rear spoiler, the Dodge Ram Daytona will turn heads on the street and on the track at Daytona."

The 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona is instantly recognizable with its massive 11-inch rear spoiler and complementary flat-black graphics on the bed sides, reminiscent of the 1969 winged Dodge Charger. Other noticeable features include a performance-style hood scoop, rear side-exiting twin chrome tips from the Borla® exhaust, body-colored grille and tail lamp guards, and 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels.

Two compelling colors will be offered with the all-new 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona: Go ManGo! or Silver Metallic. The exterior color also appears on the center bezel on the dash. The 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona will be a limited-edition model, and will feature a numbered plaque on the dash.

The 2005 Ram Daytona is available as a 4x4 or 4x2 and in regular cab or Quad Cab® body styles with the six-foot, three-inch bed. The regular cab features molded side sills while the Quad Cab includes a running board.

Included in the Daytona package is the 5.7-liter HEMI engine with 345 horsepower and 375 lb.-ft of torque coupled with a 5-speed automatic transmission and 3.92:1 rear axle ratio.

The first 75 production 2005 Ram Daytona models will debut just prior to the Florida Dodge Dealers 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race at Daytona International Speedway this Friday, Feb. 18. Prior to the race, Dodge Ram Daytona models with plaque numbers one through 75 will take a ceremonial parade lap to mark the vehicle's "special delivery" to the Southeast regional Dodge dealers.

The 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona is on sale now and is priced from $32,000.

2005 Dodge Ram Daytona Feature Highlights:
MODELS:
Ram Regular Cab, Short Box

Ram Quad Cab, Short Box

4x2 or 4x4

POWERTRAIN:
5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with five-speed automatic transmission

EXTERIOR:
Performance-style hood scoop

Body-color grille and taillamp guards

Daytona wing spoiler

20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels

Chrome-tipped Borla® exhaust

Colors: Go ManGo! or Bright Silver Metallic

INTERIOR:
Premium cloth seating in Dark Slate Gray

Instrument panel with body-color bezel accents

Sequentially numbered IP plaque

PRICE:
From $32,000 to $39,000

Dodge Brand:
With a U.S. market share of approximately seven percent, Dodge is Chrysler Group's best-selling brand and the fifth-largest nameplate in the U.S. automotive market. In 2004, Dodge sold more than 1.4 million vehicles. Dodge continues to lead the minivan market segment with a 20 percent U.S. market share and maintains an 18 percent share of the highly competitive truck market. In 2006, Dodge will enter key European volume segments.

DaimlerChrysler Media

redriderbob

Old 02-19-2005, 11:54 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: Dodge Ram Daytona Press Kit:

that thing is pretty sweet

Old 02-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Mr.Hopkins

Thats really cool, even though iam not a huge fan of a spoiler on trucks but it looks cool

Old 02-26-2005, 05:10 PM
demon340v
Rookie

*shakes head* why does dodge insit on bringing back these names? im glad they won't bring back the Demon name i'm safe yay lol

it sill would eb cool to own that truck though for the "stupid cool factor"

Old 03-02-2005, 12:02 AM
66coronet

I don't mind bring names back. But bring them back to the correct body. Just because Ram is in NASCAR. They (DCX) thinks it's cool to bring the name to the Ram line.
I think it fits the charger line up better. http://allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html

Old 03-02-2005, 01:33 AM
aberhammer

one came into our dealership today,it is SWEET! the spoiler does it for me it is HUGE!!!

Old 03-07-2005, 08:26 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

Looks like a Rumble bee takeoff with an SRT-10 hood, big deal... and $32 G's, what a waste, I got my '04 HEMI single cab with 20's for $21 G's brand new, add the SRT-10 hood for $600 and leave off the ugly ground effects and its still the same truck. I mean GEEZ, there are still dealers around me that cant sell the Rumble Bees and the SRT's because they dont make practical trucks. What are we to expect next, a Warlock remake with semi-truck exhaust stacks stickin out each side, GIMME a break! If Dodge is going to bother making "special" model vehicles they should a least do something other than cosmetics. And by the way, I think the '06 front end is horrific to say the least, now they are making the big trucks in the small trucks image, how ***-backwards of them!

Old 03-11-2005, 04:30 PM
icecold

that be cool if they brought back the demon! dad had one loved that car! but this truck is sweet and its in my price range! but i really want the cummins! hmmm what to do what to do!

Old 04-10-2005, 04:57 AM
Cally
Rookie

I'd say **** on it and get the Go ManGo one.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:31 PM
jimmasterK
Veteran

I saw one of those just in passing driving past a dealership and wasn't entirely sure what it was. I just could tell it was different and looked good.

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram Daytona Press Kit: