Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler invests 550 million to build...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:02 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure, it's capitalist. But that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
I'm pretty sure we can safely assume that if we hadn't done such a great job of exporting jobs, a lot less than 10million (or so) people would be unemployed.

Talking about how great capitalism is probably isn't the greatest thing to do when we're talking about a company partly owned by the US and Canadian governments. Last time I checked, capitalism was about government not interfering with business. Even if that would mean the company going bankrupt.

See how this works: we don't use that "c" word only when it benefits us. GM and Chrysler seemed to of left "capitalistic" thought at the door of Congress in December of 2008.
A capitalist government would have shown GM and Chrysler the door, and let them fail because they simply, obviously, didn't know how to do their jobs. Where was this government for the mom-and-pop stores?

But thats good, because our government is far from capitalistic. Republican administration, Democratic administration, it's the same ol' lies, just repackaged and resold.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Moneyman19
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
It's a shame that they couldn't create 400+ American jobs

i agree if they reopened the plant over here in Delaware I would go and work

Quick Reply: Chrysler invests 550 million to build...