Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

I hate the 2006 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 05:08 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I hate the 2006 Ram

RamFan 2006 is still 3rd Generation Ram, same platforms, and internals.

Old 05-30-2005, 08:03 PM
garciaraf

hey guy I have to say that I dont like the change in the ram front end, not because it looks bad but because they change it too fast i think in 3 to 4 years that is not good for a good companys reputation, that makes me think that the 2002-2005 ram was not the best they could do at the time and now they are trying to make it right, I think when a company makes good decisions at their decings they should not change it for at lest 6 years I really like the 2002-2005 ram body and i think the change is only an excuse for the dakotas new look and now they have to change the big brother ram, dodge should had done this new body desing for the ram from the begining and then redo the dakota, is not good for us that have the 02-05 body dodge ram, now it will be consider an old body desing in less than four years. thanks.

the same thing happened with the 02-03 and the 03 and on rams engine from 5.9l to an 5.7l hemi they should have introduce the hemi from the 02 desing and on, not one year later, my opinion is that chrysler is trying to keep up with the the other makers and they dont do things right the first time, too many changes in a little time is not good for a car maker

a good car maker is known to make good decisions the first time

is like chevy and ford they always go side by side trying to be better all the time trying to outperform eachother and to be clear chrysler is one step behind and i think is time chrysler to be side by side with the other car makers and not to follow to much.

02 dodge ram QC 5.9l.
01 ford f150 supercab.

Old 05-30-2005, 08:18 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

and could use this new 2006 Ram styling for a full-size SUV (a step above the Durango), like a new Ram Charger. Could battle it out against the Chevrolet Suburban and 2007 Ford Expedition Maxx.
Bad idea with rising gas prices and stuff, full sized SUV's aren't that big of a seller now anyways. The Durango how it is now is all the size it should ever be.

actually the '06 is the forth generation i believe
1st is 94 and older 2nd is 94-01 and 3rd is 02-05 then its remodeled for 06
I'm right as Pillbox said, the 2006 Ram is still third gen.

-Matt-

Old 05-30-2005, 09:55 PM
4x4_guy
Captain

i am pretty sure they are doing the facelift in 2007
and they are also dropping the cummins engine
for the mercedez diesel engine
i wish they wouldnt touch the look or the engine of the 3rd gen
ram

-Jesse-

Old 05-30-2005, 10:23 PM
garciaraf

hey guy I have to say that I dont like the change in the ram front end, not because it looks bad but because they change it too fast i think in 3 to 4 years that is not good for a good companys reputation, that makes me think that the 2002-2005 ram was not the best they could do at the time and now they are trying to make it right, I think when a company makes good decisions at their decings they should not change it for at lest 6 years I really like the 2002-2005 ram body and i think the change is only an excuse for the dakotas new look and now they have to change the big brother ram, dodge should had done this new body desing for the ram from the begining and then redo the dakota, is not good for us that have the 02-05 body dodge ram, now it will be consider an old body desing in less than four years. thanks.

the same thing happened with the 02-03 and the 03 and on rams engine from 5.9l to an 5.7l hemi they should have introduce the hemi from the 02 desing and on, not one year later, my opinion is that chrysler is trying to keep up with the the other makers and they dont do things right the first time, too many changes in a little time is not good for a car maker

a good car maker is known to make good decisions the first time

is like chevy and ford they always go side by side trying to be better all the time trying to outperform eachother and to be clear chrysler is one step behind and i think is time chrysler to be side by side with the other car makers and not to follow to much.

02 dodge ram QC 5.9l.
01 ford f150 supercab.

(in reply to MG42pillbox)

Old 05-31-2005, 12:22 AM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

ORIGINAL: garciaraf

that is very true

but what if theymake a **** design

that doesnt sell

so for 6 years they have a truck that no1 whants to see or buy

Old 05-31-2005, 03:18 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

No, the market demands that changes and upgrades must come sooner than they did in the past. Why would I trade in my 04 for an 06 if its the same truck. It needs to be different sooner. The market is just too volatile to get complacent.

Joe

Old 05-31-2005, 04:10 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS

and could use this new 2006 Ram styling for a full-size SUV (a step above the Durango), like a new Ram Charger. Could battle it out against the Chevrolet Suburban and 2007 Ford Expedition Maxx.
Bad idea with rising gas prices and stuff, full sized SUV's aren't that big of a seller now anyways. The Durango how it is now is all the size it should ever be.

-Matt-
I agree, the Durango is as big as it should be.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:23 PM
ptschett
Professional

If a design change signals a "bad decision" then the automakers must have been making bad decisions every year or so in the '50's and '60's. Frequent refreshes are not a new phenomenon. And there's nothing wrong with "continuous improvement".

Old 05-31-2005, 09:38 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

WOW LMAO, this shows just has little the public knows, Its amazing how ignorant some are. Ram sales are the fastest growing vehicle in America, and in the top 5 is the LX Platform. Ford is down 3% and GM is down 12%. It helps to pay attention in life sometimes.

Quick Reply: I hate the 2006 Ram