Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge Demon A GO!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:56 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Demon A GO!?

Sports Car Futures: 2014 Dodge Demon - New and Future Cars
Dodge may build its own rear-drive variant of the Alfa Romeo Spider.
By Shaun Bailey / Photo-illustration by Motor Forecast

March 15, 2010

Slideshow >> More Sports Car Futures >> Photos: Sports Car Futures >>

The prospect of a small Dodge roadster had some legs back when the alliance with Daimler was strong. When that merger dissolved, it left the Demon concept from the 2007 Geneva Motor Show (and the ill-fated Chrysler Crossfire) without Mercedes’ SLK platform to ride on. But now with Chrysler’s ties to the Fiat Group, there is a distinct business case to be made for the little hellion to rise from the ashes. Essentially it would be the Dodge variant of the future Alfa Romeo Spider. As with Alfa’s Spider, there isn’t cur*rently a rear-drive platform to use as a base, although the shortened version of the LX architecture seen in the 200C electric show car would be a good start. Because of this, there is a big opportunity for Alfa and Dodge to develop and share an all-new rear-drive platform for small- and midsize cars. What our sources tell us is this: If Alfa builds a rear-drive Spider, Dodge will build the Demon.

In a previous posting I knew the platforms were distinctly similar so i compared them side by side and it looks like alfa and dodge are going to build one!

Old 04-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Could be a winner.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

but theyre saying that "if alfa builds a rwd platform"...and right now the alfa is not a rwd platform...

Old 04-01-2010, 11:42 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the original spider was a rwd wasnt it?

Old 04-01-2010, 12:42 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it was RWD for a long time but hasnt been for maybe 20 years? i think that they stopped making the rwd spider in the 80s but im no expert on that and i dont care enough to look around..

I believe that alfa has a current RWD platform but its alot bigger than the demon concept. ive been in the modern demon and it is a little *** car. i wonder why they need a platform, or if a shared platform with a car that is likely to sell well (like the return of the rwd alfa spider) has to happen for chrysler to spend the money on building the demon.

Quick Reply: Dodge Demon A GO!?