Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

'96 Neon P1391 diagnostic code

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:44 PM
MechanixWife
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '96 Neon P1391 diagnostic code

My li'l Neon generally runs great, but a few days ago started sputtering and "coughing" like it was about to run out of gas ~ it's not out of gas. It got progressively worse, and today the check engine light came on. I took it by an auto parts store and they gave me the code P1391.

Can somebuddy give me an educated idea what to have the hubby look for when he gets around to it? TYIA!

Old 04-25-2010, 12:22 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! be better in the 1gn section but that code is for the cam-sensor or the crank sensor. My bet would be the cam sensor though. You can either have your husband try and clean the connections and see if that works, or just buy a new one from an autoparts store. BUT since its a 96, you might need to also buy whats called a "pig-tail" to get the sensor to work with the 96's wiring harness.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:56 PM
MechanixWife
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply, neoncrazy101 ~ hubby found the crank sensor wire had come loose, so thankfully it was a quick fix.

Your info states 3 Neons, but that looks like two sets of twins in your picture? The green ones look like mine.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:43 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MechanixWife
Thanks for the reply, neoncrazy101 ~ hubby found the crank sensor wire had come loose, so thankfully it was a quick fix.

Your info states 3 Neons, but that looks like two sets of twins in your picture? The green ones look like mine.

Glad to hear! and yes, I haven't updated my info to match my photo. I do own 4 Neons, one of them in my picture though was my dads at the time but now its mine as well. So, I got 2 red and 2 green ones lol.

Quick Reply: '96 Neon P1391 diagnostic code