Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler Group and Alternative Fuel Vehicles!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:12 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Group and Alternative Fuel Vehicles!

Performance:
The 2.7 liter V6 engines ordered (Fleet order only) in the Sebring and Stratus Sedans, the 3.3 liter V6 engines ordered (Fleet order only) in the Caravans, and the 4.7 liter engines (Fleet order only) in the Dodge Ram 1500 Series pickups are ethanol flexible fuel vehicles.

Performance factors of ethanol flexible fuel vehicles like acceleration, power, payload, and cruise speed are comparable to gasoline powered vehicles. Even maintenance is readily available and very similar to that of gas powered vehicles. There are some considerations to take into account when using an ethanol fueled vehicle, though. When using E85 as a fuel, a special engine oil (and an oil change interval of 3,000 miles) is required. Ethanol is a fuel with low volatility, which may present a challenge with spark ignition engines. As a result, performance may be altered during cold engine starts, and misfires during warm up may occur. In addition, range is reduced 27% when running on Ethanol.

Availability:
You can help reduce America's dependence on foreign oil by using ethanol. Since it's produced from corn, a domestically grown, renewable energy source, it's generally more available in the Midwest than elsewhere. More than 50 public ethanol stations are available in 12 states. The ethanol program is designed to get vehicles in market with the expectation that Ethanol stations will be constructed as demand increases. Find the refueling stations nearest you.

DaimlerChrysler Fleet Services

redriderbob

Old 05-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler Group and Alternative Fuel Vehicles!

Corn, huh? Sounds cool. We would never run out, that's a big positive.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Deyeme Racing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler Group and Alternative Fuel Vehicles!

I run E85 in all my vehicles, and have for years. E85 is 100 octane, which makes it a great "race fuel" for my Neon, my turbo Spirit loves the stuff (although I really have to keep the boost down to get over 19mpg), and I even mix 50/50 with gasoline in my '02 Stratus Coupe.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Group and Alternative Fuel Vehicles!