Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Non-Chrysler Vehicles Will Be Towed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 11:02 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Non-Chrysler Vehicles Will Be Towed!

i think it makes perfect sense..when you drive any vehicle, you are literally a rolling endorsement for that car...
I agree, but if they're in a parking lot the whole day, then they're not really advertising a certain brand.

-Matt-

Old 05-11-2005, 01:43 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: big asp
We've already had this discussion more than enough times but, once again, I want to buy American. I try to buy American. It's just that I can't always buy American. Why? Because what once were "American" companies are now international conglomerates. When I bought my Dodge SRT-10, a big chunk of change went to Germany and Mexico. When I bought my Chrysler 300C a big chunk of change went to Germany and Canada. Conversely, when I bought my "imported" WRX a big chunk of change went to GM. Go figure. Don't complain to the consumers. Complain to the corporate clowns who run your company. They're the ones who have gone offshore, blurred the lines and created these international megamonster companies.

we aren't losing jobs, because of the people on the top of the corporation, we are losing jobs, because UNIONS make American workers OVERPRICED. why pay extra for the same product...think about it with a business sense.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:13 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I wish warren truck would adopt the same policy. But that will never happen to many stupidvisors would be parking across the street. (Most supervisors do not drive dc products.) Mack engine did the same thing about a year ago with the parking. It just grinds me as I walk past various imports and caddys in the parking lot.

To rebut your ridiculous statement Nick, you have a lot to learn about how "overpaid" we are. By the way its not the unions fault how much we get paid, its the company that agrees to the contract. We get paid well, but not great. And there are various other sacrifices we make as well. Personally I think if we did not have as many paycheck passer-outers making well over 80 grand a year we could save quite a bit. Plus remember that the actual labor to build the car is the cheapest component. Its about 10 percent of sticker. 15-20 percent of sticker pays for upper management, design and engineering. Seems thats where we are overpaying to me.

Joe

Old 05-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is stupid and rediculous..................... If I worked at let's say GM and I had a Dodge and they did this. I would quit or go on strike or something, lol.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Danko

Would "Dodge" Sprinter (totally German) or "Chrysler" Crossfires (totally German) get towed? They are Mercedes-Benz's rebadged and not Chrysler products. I used to park at the back of the parking lots when I was working for Chrysler even though I was driving their products. That way, my vehicle did not suffer from inconsiderate doorbangers up front.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:10 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: Danko

Would "Dodge" Sprinter (totally German) or "Chrysler" Crossfires (totally German) get towed? They are Mercedes-Benz's rebadged and not Chrysler products. I used to park at the back of the parking lots when I was working for Chrysler even though I was driving their products. That way, my vehicle did not suffer from inconsiderate doorbangers up front.

no one buys sprinters, and I'm sure they would make the exception fro the crossfire, because it is worth 35 grand. i park in the back of the parkinglot where i work, so no dumb *** ford drivers who ditch their carts in the parking lot roll into my car.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:13 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I understand Sprinters are popular in beach towns for surfers cause they can lock their boards up inside and can sleep in it at night.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

no one buys sprinters,
No regular goes out and buys a Sprinter, but companies like Ups are starting to. They offer a Benz motor so I hear for not the Benz price.

Chrysler" Crossfires (totally German) get towed?
It's a Chrysler product so no Crossfires wouldn't be towed.

-Matt-

Old 05-12-2005, 04:11 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Danko

The official letter states "DaimlerChrysler" vehicles. So any of our brands are acceptable.

Joe

Old 05-12-2005, 05:02 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

they would tow a Pontiac before a smart car, thats a shame.

Quick Reply: Non-Chrysler Vehicles Will Be Towed!