Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

More SRT vehicles for Dodge are COMMING!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 07:18 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More SRT vehicles for Dodge are COMMING!

You are hearing this here first, for the first time ever I have gotten inside word from one of my sources, that the SRT (Street & Racing Technology) performance team are developing two new SRT vehicles for the Dodge brand.

First off the yet to be announced to debut Dodge Dakota SRT-8. The Dodge Dakota SRT-8 will debut in concept form more than likely at next years Chicago Auto Show. The Dakota SRT-8 will be only available in a Club Cab model, have no idea if a Quad Cab SRT-8 model will debut after the introduction of the Club Cab model. The Dodge Dakota SRT-8 will feature the 6.1L HEMI V-8 featuring 425 horsepower and 420 ft-lbs of torque, streight from the Charger, 300C, and Magnum SRT-8 models. The new truck will feature 20" production rims, street tuned and lowered suspension, and I am hearing a 5-speed automatic transmission. No word of a six-speed manual yet. Expect the 4.56 rear end, tucked under Dakota SRT-8's bed from big brother Ram SRT-10. Word also has the truck having details as a factory tonneau cover and a small version of the Ram SRT-10's bed spoiler. Expect aggressive body styling from a SRT body kit. Functional ram air induction hood, as well as two racing bucket seats wrapped in leather. SRT engineers are working hard at getting this vehicle out, since the Dakota's fans have been absent w/ a performance package since 2003, w/ the Dodge Dakota 5.9L R/T.

2003 Dodge Durango HEMI RT Concept:

SRT engineers are also hard at work, on the yet to be announced Dodge Durango SRT... details are very sketchy as of now. My source said the was original Durango SRT Concept was to break from the HEMI in the Durango, and offer the 8.3L (505ci) "VIPER" V-10 in the Durango as an SRT-10 model. However, the Durango's small hood design proves threatening to this element. The 6.1L HEMI V-8 would be the more likely version of the Durango SRT model. All-wheel drive will once again be the basis for performance on this Durango performance vehicle, just as the pervious Dodge Durango 5.9L R/T was. Influences can be seen on the 2003 Dodge Durango HEMI RT Concept. Expect 20" rims, SRT tuned suspension, automatic transmission, leather buckets in the first two rows of seats, as well as a high rear gearing, similar to that of the Ram SRT-10's 4.56 gears, for making the Durango SRT, also a towing machine.

More details will be coming, but thought you guys would be intrested in hearing this. My source will tell me more as details become more clear.

redriderbob

Old 05-11-2005, 07:27 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Default RE: More SRT vehicles for Dodge are COMING!

thats awesome. but the more and more vehicles they make SRT, the more and more it seems to be the next trim level up. no problem, but just noticed that.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now what would be sweet would be to see a SRT 4x2 2500 CTD that is BOMBed with twin turbo's, 80HP KAX injectors, and TST standard. can we say ~630hp and ~1075lb-ft tq.

I wonder what they would call it. . .SRT-CTD?[8D]

that would be one built up tranny to hold that engine

edit: forgot to mention the engine would be the 6.7L stroked Cummins ISB

Old 05-12-2005, 11:47 AM
shiltz
Captain

well I guess that petty much proves that them saying there was no 5.7 hemi on the Dakota because it wouldn't fit under the hood was a bunch of BS since if they can fit the 6.1 they can certainly fit the 5.7.

another pretty rediculous thing I just noticed too is this will now mean that the dodge car that probably needs an SRT version the most will be their only one that doesn't, the stratus, more specificly the coupe, it's a nice agressive looking midsize coupe, but it's all show and no go and that's probably one of the reasons their sales are so poor, I know that's why I wouldn't buy one, if they put 300+hp under the hood though then we'd be talking, finaly some perfomance to match it's looks.

Old 05-12-2005, 07:38 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: More SRT vehicles for Dodge are COMMING!

I would look for the 5.7L HEMI "MAGNUM" V-8 to make a debut in a few years on the Dakota, sort of a midlife crisis relief situation. On the the other hand a Stratus Coupe SRT-6 is completely out of the question, since the car will be axed end of this model year along w/ its sister the Chrysler Sebring Coupe. The two are based off of the outgoing Eclispe platform. The 2006 Mitsu Eclispe is set to debut this summer.

redriderbob

Old 05-12-2005, 08:00 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

awesome, juss want i want a srt-8 dakota

any word on price bob?

Old 05-12-2005, 08:05 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

You have to admire Dodge for making a REAL preformance version for each car and truck not just another 'R' sticker and body kit like other companys. And at prices no other car company can match. Now this is way I love Dodge.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

First off the yet to be announced to debut Dodge Dakota SRT-8. The Dodge Dakota SRT-8 will debut in concept form more than likely at next years Chicago Auto Show. The Dakota SRT-8 will be only available in a Club Cab model, have no idea if a Quad Cab SRT-8 model will debut after the introduction of the Club Cab model. The Dodge Dakota SRT-8 will feature the 6.1L HEMI V-8 featuring 425 horsepower and 420 ft-lbs of torque, streight from the Charger, 300C, and Magnum SRT-8 models. The new truck will feature 20" production rims, street tuned and lowered suspension, and I am hearing a 5-speed automatic transmission. No word of a six-speed manual yet. Expect the 4.56 rear end, tucked under Dakota SRT-8's bed from big brother Ram SRT-10. Word also has the truck having details as a factory tonneau cover and a small version of the Ram SRT-10's bed spoiler. Expect aggressive body styling from a SRT body kit. Functional ram air induction hood, as well as two racing bucket seats wrapped in leather. SRT engineers are working hard at getting this vehicle out, since the Dakota's fans have been absent w/ a performance package since 2003, w/ the Dodge Dakota 5.9L R/T.

actually bob wasnt it 2002, i do believe that that was the last year of production for the dakota r/t

Old 05-12-2005, 08:38 PM
shiltz
Captain

yeah, was 2002, that gen dakota went to 2003 but they dropped the R/T in 2002 because the new durango came out in 2003 and wasn't using the 5.9 so the dakota R/T would have been the only vehicle left using the engine so the engine was dropped and the R/T with it.

Old 05-12-2005, 10:11 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

SRT engineers are also hard at work, on the yet to be announced Dodge Durango SRT... details are very sketchy as of now. My source said the was original Durango SRT Concept was to break from the HEMI in the Durango, and offer the 8.3L (505ci) "VIPER" V-10 in the Durango as an SRT-10 model. However, the Durango's small hood design proves threatening to this element. The 6.1L HEMI V-8 would be the more likely version of the Durango SRT model. All-wheel drive will once again be the basis for performance on this Durango performance vehicle, just as the pervious Dodge Durango 5.9L R/T was.
Heck yeah. I'd love to own a V10 Viper Durango if that might be the case. Good thread Bob, I like it alot!

-Matt-

Quick Reply: More SRT vehicles for Dodge are COMMING!