Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Just a basic ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 06:33 PM
SC_Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a basic ?

I'm gonna put step bars on my '05 1500 but I was looking for some advice first.The Westin kits and other brands connect to the body mounts for the cab,as I'm sure ya'll know.I feel like theres some inherent risks in taking the factory bolts out though.If I break one off,I'm basically screwed and I don't need/want that.The other option I know of is too use the holes in the bottom of the panels but they don't seem like they would hold up to me standing on the bar with it connected there.I'm 6'4 and 260.I don't seem to think theres enough beef in those knock outs to hold me.Does anyone know of anyway else to connect a set of tubes.I'm a welder and have all the materials and skills I need to make something.I'm gonna post a pic here of the holes I'm talking about so ya'll know what I mean.It's not my truck but a photo I found on a website giving a "how to" on installing the OEM tube bars.The holes on my ride are the same thing but just located in another spot.Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by SC_Ram; 12-23-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Just a basic ?