Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

New Chrysler Luxury Vehicle Seating 7?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 03:26 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Chrysler Luxury Vehicle Seating 7?

according to your previous statement, you made it sound like gas mileage was all that determined how well a car will sell. people can whine and bitch all they want, that wont change the price of gas. gas isn't even expensive, people have just been spoiled.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:39 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Gas milage costs thousands per year. Maybe not at the pumps at one time, but accumulated. People do yap about it alot, but sometimes for good cause. Gas consumption isn't the only factor. There's obviously hundreds, but it's definately one people think of right away. No one wants a 9mpg hog. The Chrysler Pacifica has gotten by Edmunds, an average mpg rating of 15.7mpg. From a V6 that's ridiculous. Some woman on CF a few days ago turned down a possible buy on a Pacifica...because of gas milage issues...which is obviously a factor when buying any vehicle.

-Matt-

Old 06-13-2005, 03:45 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i got 13mpg with my Pacifica. i got 18mpg with my intrepid. i got 21 mpg with my neon. i pay for my own gas. you have never heard me bitch about it being to expensive. this is coming from a kid who makes max 150 a week, but owes 250 a month for insurance, and 100 per month car payments, plus i just bought new tires and a remote starter. gas mileage is the last thing i consider in buying a car. i go comfort, appearance, power, utility, handling

Old 06-13-2005, 03:54 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Well that's you then. One person of millions and counting.

-Matt-

Old 06-13-2005, 04:05 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

what are you, one of those damn tree hugger extremists. yes gas mileage matter a very little bit, but it isn't the world, or even a big deal. if you are so damn worried about gas mileage trade your piece of ford in for a prius.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:13 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Good gas milage saves thousands. I pitty tree huggers or tree enthusiasts. All I'm saying is that this Chrysler vehicle should get good gas consumption. It would save people thousands and would be a better seller imo...

-Matt-

Old 06-13-2005, 04:42 AM
big asp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS
Well that's you then. One person of millions and counting.
-Matt-
Make that 2 and add about another 5,000 Ram SRT-10 owners to the list as well. I get 6 or 7 mpg when I'm playing and grinning the whole time the gas gauge is noticably moving to the left. Quicksilver gets a little over 2 mpg when he's under boost. He took me for about a 5 mile ride one day and used a 1/4 tank. I get about 9 mpg around town if I drive conservatively. I get over 16 mpg on the highway. That seems good to me because my Belvedere gets about 8 or 9 mpg on the highway.

Seriously, gas milage may be the number one consideration for engineers, accountants and women buying minivans at the CF but to many of us old gear heads it's way down the list. I bought a 300C for my wife because it looks great, it's well built, it fits her needs, has room for passengers, has AWD for our mountain conditions and it has enough power to keep me happy when I drive it. The fact the it gets decent mileage is merely a bonus.

Granted, SUVs are starting to see a downturn in sales. Part of that has to do with gas prices but a lot of that may be that they have approached a market saturation level. For most folks who need to carry a lot of passengers, "gas guzzling" SUVs are still more cost effective than taking two economy cars (haven't seen a seven passenger Prius yet). Factor in the safety issues which are huge to family men and women and there is still a significant market for big vehicles. People might complain about gas mileage but many are still willing to pay the price. Bottom line, there are still enough buyers out there for Chrysler to sell SUVs if they do it right.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:30 AM
shiltz
Captain

personaly I think it would be a mistake for them to make it now, 7-10 years ago sure, but the SUV fad is dieing down now due to gas prices which is why ford and GM's sales are dropping so much, SUV's and pickup trucks made up a huge percentage of their buisness and they aren't selling.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:25 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

if the commander didn't look like ***, it would prove to you negative people that big suvs still sell. safety is also MUCH more important then gas mileage. i would take a 5star crash test rated charger with a 6.1 before any pos 4 banger.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:43 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

if the commander didn't look like ***, it would prove to you negative people that big suvs still sell.
So it's negative to want to save thousands on gas? SUV sales can't be proven by one vehicle. Look at the whole market, it isn't all that good because of gas consumption and cost.

safety is also MUCH more important then gas mileage. i would take a 5star crash test rated charger with a 6.1 before any pos 4 banger.
No kidding. You can have safety though AND good gas milage. For example, Volvo's are one of the safest vehicles and they get good mpg. Engineers should stop slacking; creating moving aeroodynamic disasters.

-Matt-

Quick Reply: New Chrysler Luxury Vehicle Seating 7?