Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Burning oil smell

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM
chaddwickk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning oil smell

Hello everybody am new to the sight. I got a question just changed my plenum gasket on my 1998 5.2 ram. It always smelled like it was burning oil that was the reason for changing it. job went good everything sealed tight, but still getting that strong oil burning smell. What possibilitys could it be valve seat cup? or what. took plugs out they were dry except two the back driver and passenger side had a little oil on threads only.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:58 PM
chaddbrockway
Default burnt oil smell

Hello everybody am new to the sight. I got a question just changed my plenum gasket on my 1998 5.2 ram. It always smelled like it was burning oil that was the reason for changing it. job went good everything sealed tight, but still getting that strong oil burning smell. What possibilitys could it be valve seat cup? or what. took plugs out they were dry except two the back driver and passenger side had a little oil on threads only.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Might be time to change rings.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:51 AM
charlie1935
Record Breaker

Valve cover gaskets?

Quick Reply: Burning oil smell