Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler 300C CDR

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 12:17 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler 300c Crd Review

If it is emmisions that is the problem, I hope Chrysler can fix the problem and have them here.

-Matt-

Old 09-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler 300c Crd Review

Also, I heard that the type of diesel fuels we use here in the U.S. is much more crude than the very refined diesel that Europe uses. UK's diesel is very refined with nearly no sulfur content. Thus making their emissions so clean, it puts the regular petro fuel to shame. Mercedes and other UK based auto makers are waiting for the U.S. to refine their diesel fuels before they bring their diesel fuel efficient engines and technology to the U.S. I hear that almost 70-80 percent of the european cars are diesel based now mainly because of fuel economy and clean emissions.

The cummins engine from what I read in the past is already designed for and ready to use this new refine fuel when the U.S. makes its switchover. I wonder how much more MPG's and even lower emissions the cummins will make when it uses this new fuel?

I also think that is why their fuel is much more expensive because of the extra steps to refine their diesel fuel.

Quick Reply: Chrysler 300C CDR