Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Stratus and Sebring Next Gen News!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 06:48 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stratus and Sebring Next Gen News!

With the death of the LH platform cars (Intrepid, 300M, Concorde, and former LHS), Chrysler has a hole missing in their lineup with the large front drivers from Honda, GM, Toyota, and Ford to fill. So in order to fill the gap the Sebring and Stratus lineups will become larger (minus the Coupe models). Currently the "Cloud Cars" are in a class with cars like the Pontiac Grand Am a.k.a 2005 Pontiac G6. Now the Sedans, and even the Sebring convertible will become larger, based off the Mitsubushi Galant platform.

What will happen to the coupes? Well the Sebring Coupe hasn't sold many models compared to the Stratus Coupe, so Chrysler Group will more than likely cut that from the lineup. Instead the next generation Eclipse due out in 2006, will be shared once again with Dodge... hint a new generation Coupe. However, since Stratus Sedan has gone larger, the name on the coupe will change... rumors have Avenger back once again, as well as the name Daytona... a front drive fighter of the Camaro and Mustang.

So look for many changes and rumors to come from this lineup in the next year.

redriderbob

Old 04-01-2004, 01:59 AM
bearcat74
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stratus and Sebring Next Gen News!

I would not mind seeing the Daytona nameplate back in the line-up. I always had a soft spot for those late eighties turbo models...I would not mind one the new coupes for a commuter...

Quick Reply: Stratus and Sebring Next Gen News!