Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Should there be a non-high performance Ram 1500 with a manual transmission?
Hell Yes!
87.50%
Not enough people bought it before...why bother?
12.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Should the Ram 1500 come with a manual transmission option?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 09:09 AM
SuperJorge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are at least 2 manual transmissions that will bolt on to the 5.7 hemi. This is the current tremec that's on the challengers r/t and srt8. And the g56 that was on the 2008 and under ram 2500 with the 5.7 hemi. I believe this is the same transmission still used on current Cummins with manual transmission. So there it is. 2 great transmissions available. Ram can always easily change the gearing and such to make them work on the 1500 hemi. And that's if they want to do it. Offer the g56 for their non performance regular 5.7 hemi 1500 in all the trim models from st to laramie longhorn and offer the tremec on their 6.4 srt8 1500. Or even on the sporty r/t model. But only offering automatic transmission is ridiculous. Its like wayyy back in the day of henry ford when he said something like: we can give you any color as long as its black. Or soemthing like that don't remember correctly. Or going to an ice cream shop and placing your order. You ask the attendant: what are your ice cream flavors? The Attendant then tell you: sure, we have many. We have 1 scoop of vanilla on cone. We have 1 scoop of vanilla in a cup. We have 2 scoops of vanilla on cone and 2 scoops of vanilla in a cup. Now if you want our most expensive gourmet ice crean, that one is a very different one. It is 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream on a waffle bowl with chocolate sprinkles. Come one give me a break! Its the same thing. Its going to taste the same. Well that's ram right there for you. It doesn't matter if its an slt or a laramie. Its still an AUTOMATIC. Same thing like the ice cream shop. Its all vanilla. Come one RAM!!! I'm sure you can do better than the ice cream shop!!

Old 05-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Peach18

Yes! There should be manual transmission in all RAM's

Old 06-20-2013, 05:28 PM
abdodge1500
Professional

I think it should be an option, think about it if gm and ford don't offer a manual transmission that would be a reason to buy a dodge over them. some people are like that, like my dad he refuses to buy a jeep or truck unless it has a 5spd because he enjoys driving a manual that much.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abdodge1500
I think it should be an option, think about it if gm and ford don't offer a manual transmission that would be a reason to buy a dodge over them. some people are like that, like my dad he refuses to buy a jeep or truck unless it has a 5spd because he enjoys driving a manual that much.
Your dad and myself would get along.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:00 AM
SuperJorge

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Sounds to me like you should just buy a 2nd gen or three.
I already owned them in the passed. I want something new. I want the ram 1500 hemi quad cab long horn edition with 6 speed manual transmission.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:03 AM
SuperJorge

Originally Posted by abdodge1500
I couldn't agree more with your dad.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:27 AM
TedwardEh

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
It is as simple as that...since the introduction of the 4th gen Ram 1500, only the SRT10 has been offered with a manual transmission but Hemi owners like myself want a manual transmission option. Do you think that Chrysler should offer a manual transmission for a non-high performance edition Ram 1500?

Click here for the pros and cons on the DF Front Page!
Yes of course it should

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Should the Ram 1500 come with a manual transmission option?