Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge Website...2006 Build and Price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 03:49 PM
MoparMax
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Website...2006 Build and Price?

Does anyone have a clue (Dodge doesn't) when their website will allow build and price on all models? GM and Ford has had theirs up for a month or longer... once again Dodge has been caught with it's pants down!

Old 09-28-2005, 02:17 PM
srtommy
Veteran
Default RE: Dodge Website...2006 Build and Price?

Dodge switched to running their own internet stuff. They are having major problems with keeping up to date. They show 2006 inventory online one day and it's gone the next. Working for a Dodge dealership for one year has shown me one big difference between Dodge (Chrysler) and Ford. Ford as a company is so much more organized than Dodge (Chrysler). Their websites, dealer reps, vehicle programs, vehicle ordering, vehicle tracking during the transport process etc... One example: Ford needed a better way to track their vehicles so they contacted UPS to help. UPS now runs Ford's vehicle tracking system entirely and usually dealerships get vehicles within 10-14 days of plant release. And the vehicles aren't dinged up nearly as much. We here at the Dodge dealership will have at least one damage claim per truckload of vehicles. At the Ford store I was at, we would have maybe 2 claims per month...maybe. I am not saying Ford builds better vehicles, but as a company with day to day processes, it is light years ahead of Chrysler.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:28 PM
vestpuzzle1
Professional

Ford Sucks!

Old 09-28-2005, 03:13 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: vestpuzzle1

Ford Sucks!

what he said.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:30 PM
srtommy
Veteran

Work more behind the scenes with both companies and then form an opinion about how they do business. I wasn't talking about the actual vehicles, just the inner working as a company. The Dodge website sucks. Just like the thread starter was inferring.

Old 09-28-2005, 04:03 PM
MoparMax
Rookie

Well said! I'm not an insider but I am very observant and Dodge just seems to be light years behind Ford and GM when it comes to internal logistics.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:50 AM
bigcmcdannel

hell yes, Dodge has done nothing for my problem of a new truck with now 600 miles on it and 5 trips to the dealer. now its a volley balll match of tire warranty and rim warranty!!! because each warranty would have to pay if they were wrong. So Dodge left me in the middle with a problem truck

Quick Reply: Dodge Website...2006 Build and Price?