Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: What should the next generation Dodge midsized sedan be called?
The Avenger name should stay.
7.69%
New car - New name. (Suggestions for the new name below)
92.31%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: What should the Avenger replacement be called?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:24 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of good 60's and 70's names to choose from... what about the AMC names too? Probably ought to stay away from the 80's and 90's names. Reliant, Aries, Sundance, LeBaron... those don't have a whole lot of good baggage, even if I do have fond memories of family vacations taken in a fake wood covered blue Reliant.

Steve

Old 07-28-2013, 01:12 PM
abdodge1500
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would be cool if they called it the Dodge GTX

Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodge Demon - with a FI 340

Old 07-29-2013, 11:28 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol you guys are so unoriginal.

Dodge brought the Charger back and what did they do? They made it a sedan. Sacrilege, IMO.
It needs a NEW name, not a recycled one that can be trashed from the 60's. Firemanprice had a good one, "Sentinel". That sounds good.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:29 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Above any of the other names, they need to stay as far away from Aspen as possible as it is connected with 2 vehicles in different divisions and different segments blamed for causing the company to almost go under. I would definitely not encourage them to name it Dynasty considering as that is connected with a car with an outdated platform, a problematic transmission, and very outdated styling for its time. Avenger in my view doesn't fit or sound right. Stealth doesn't either. Coronet in my view would be the name that should have been used on the Charger and would seem odd. I would go with either Stratus or Spirit as both were sales successes and won't cause an outcry with fans of classic cars.

Plymouth names won't feel right on Dodge. It would be better for Dodge either to use recent history names or go with a new name that does not contain meaningless/pointless numbers and letters (C5, C6, C8) like Pontiac did as all it causes is confusion.

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: What should the Avenger replacement be called?