Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Akino Concept No Longer Drawing

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 10:50 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Akino Concept No Longer Drawing

you can love dodge, but you dont have to love everything they do

Old 10-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know what you guys are talking about.

And Nick is not directing his comments solely towards you, 87ram. He is talking about the many people that get upset with DCX completely simply because they don't like that a car had a certain amount of doors, etc. And that's not what you are doing.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:01 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: 87ram

I'm the newbie in question. If I can say that I find the design not very appealing but at least it will be practical in forgien countries. But of course that is just my opinion so take that as far as you want. Don't want to step on any toes because of my opinions.

it isn't you so much as you were just the last straw. and most of my comments were directed towards the whole board. i hear more whining and bitch then good thoughts about our models and it just got to me.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:01 PM
thestealth
Champion

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

ORIGINAL: 87ram

I'm the newbie in question. If I can say that I find the design not very appealing but at least it will be practical in forgien countries. But of course that is just my opinion so take that as far as you want. Don't want to step on any toes because of my opinions.

it isn't you so much as you were just the last straw. and most of my comments were directed towards the whole board. i hear more whining and bitch then good thoughts about our models and it just got to me.
Then I pose a question to you... If this many supposed enthusiasts feel so strongly that many of Dodges new cars are not good (style wise), is this a bad sign for the company?

Old 10-20-2005, 02:47 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im just mad at DCX because they dont make a sports car anymore, that isnt under 80g...and by the time they do, with the release of the 2009 challenger (if that happens) i will have long since moved on...

that car is a bit too euro-looking to me...if that makes sense...it looks like some competition for the cars readily offered from peugeot, renault, etc.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:57 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I have got to agree with BadStrat here....I hate bashing on Dodge, because they have had some great vehicles....but they are really falling off here in a major way.... all of their cars are either being discontinued or the idiots at DCX are making them Chrysler's and screwing Dodge.

The fact is, every other major automaker has at least 2 coupe model sports cars.....why doesnt DCX? Even if you said well they have the Viper/Crossfire/soon to be Firepower..... I can simply state that those are cars that really arent affordable to an everyday person.

I can go get several coupes for cheaper then I can get a stock Crossfire. DCX is just a bunch of idiots..... I said this in a thread before......

Chrysler should just make the cars and Dodge should just make the Magnum/Rams/Dakotas.....forget everything else....because DCX is already getting there now...

Old 10-20-2005, 03:02 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

I agree with both of you. Yes Dodge doesn't offer a sports car anymore which is plain disgusting. They made a big mistake breaking away the SRT-4 to replace it with some hatchback suv. Sure the Crossfire is a sport car, but the price for it isn't realistic. Dodge and or Chrysler needs a car to compete with other brands under 20k. Even if it's a remake of the Stealth or pretty much the Mitsubishi Eclipsem, anything is good.

-Matt-

Old 10-20-2005, 03:06 PM
87ram
Veteran

I really have never bashed any Dodge car on this site before. Its just that I really did not like the looks of the Nitro, so I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I did feel that you were just calling me out, nickoman, cause you did just directly say that I'm not a mopar fan. I didn't mean to cause an upset and I understand how you could be upset. I just feel that opinons are going to happen and not everyone is going to agree with everything dodge is doing. I do thank maybe we could do it with more of a construtive critism approach.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:47 PM
thestealth
Champion

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

I agree with both of you. Yes Dodge doesn't offer a sports car anymore which is plain disgusting. They made a big mistake breaking away the SRT-4 to replace it with some hatchback suv. Sure the Crossfire is a sport car, but the price for it isn't realistic. Dodge and or Chrysler needs a car to compete with other brands under 20k. Even if it's a remake of the Stealth or pretty much the Mitsubishi Eclipsem, anything is good.

-Matt-
I hope they don't, they would probably make it a 4 door.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:52 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

or a full sized van.

im to the point where i do not care that the charger is an auto sedan...my gripe is that i would like them to make a sports coupe..i dont care what its called...just something in a similar class to the GTO or stang...

Quick Reply: Akino Concept No Longer Drawing