Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible: spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible: spy shots

I wish I had a camera... I would have ripped off the covers, took a pic and left
That would have been bad*ss. Not only would you have gotten a spy shot, but some aggresion into it for better pics!

-Matt-

Old 12-07-2005, 03:29 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chryco4Life

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Spy Photos

Photos By Brenda Priddy & Company (please no hotlinking)
Pics: http://www.mph-online.com/web/spyphotos/0026

There is so much disguise on this upcoming convertible it's hard to make out any styling cues at all. But we guess Chysler is looking to recapture that retiree segment it lost with the ultra-cool 300C.

The all-new Sebring will be riding the next generation Mitsubishi Lancer platform, but will be powered by Chrysler's own engines and will not be a Lancer clone. The Sebring sedan is expected to arrive in the fall of 2006, and the convertible should be at dealerships in the spring of 2007, as an early 2008 model.

The Sebring will continue to be built at Chrysler's Sterling Heights, Michigan plant.

Source:Mph

-Matt-

I noticed from the front fender back has similar lines to the Crossfire. Anyone agree?
What is even more interesting is the pictures that allpar has looks like it has the Crossfire's grille amd face, just like the current Sebring took the Concorde's grille and face design. http://www.allpar.com/model/stratus01.html

Old 12-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Chryco4Life
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. That drawing is convincing, but the spy shots aren't. The photos are of the current sedan body, with different front fenders, fascia and hood. I'd have to guess (judging by the look of the headlights) that this car is an early engine test mule fitted with a Caliber-like front end (and front fenders) for cooling/intake testing perhaps? Just a guess...

Quick Reply: 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible: spy shots