Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: A poll
Midsize, 2 Door, V6, RWD
21.05%
Midsize, 2 Door, Turbo I-4, RWD
21.05%
Midsize, 2 door, supercharged V6 , AWD
57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

New Dodge Car

Old 02-14-2006, 03:00 AM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge Car

How many of you fine folks agree that DODGE, not chrysler, needs a new car, not a muscle car, not a compact. Next new dodge vehicle to reach production should be.........

Old 02-14-2006, 03:12 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Default RE: New Dodge Car

i wouldn't pick any because they are all 2 doors.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:31 AM
hemi 265
Professional

ORIGINAL: clean_sx

How many of you fine folks agree that DODGE, not chrysler, needs a new car, not a muscle car, not a compact. Next new dodge vehicle to reach production should be.........

Yes i agree to that! They need a car like somthing between a Mazda 6 and Camry while still keeping the Charger/Magnum etc..

It would be nice to see a supercharged 6 aswell in somthing.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:51 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All of the above?

If I had to pick... v6 coupe supercharged awd

We also need a RWD V8 that isnt a remake...[&:]

Old 02-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Big Ed

It is Apparant that you guys haven't thought this out. The Stratus was that car.......and is bombing so badly that we still have NEW 04's on our lot..........The Charger was the perfect answer. Great design, great name, great options. I cannot count how many people really want a 2 door car anymore...price of gas, combined with insurance, makes people want a 4 door.

Sorry if I have offended any Stratus owners, but I am merely stating facts of what I see,

Old 02-14-2006, 11:42 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Same here. I liked our compact 4 door SRT4 car.

and is bombing so badly that we still have NEW 04's on our lot..........The Charger was the perfect answer
The problem with that is thaty Dodge wants to hit the 25k average car range. Once they are in that area, you've got dozens and dozens of better cars to choose from. The Stratus/Charger would be a great seller if they sold the Stratus RT for 20k and the Charger for something competitive..

-Matt-

Old 02-14-2006, 12:37 PM
shiltz
Captain

ORIGINAL: Big Ed

It is Apparant that you guys haven't thought this out. The Stratus was that car.......and is bombing so badly that we still have NEW 04's on our lot..........The Charger was the perfect answer. Great design, great name, great options. I cannot count how many people really want a 2 door car anymore...price of gas, combined with insurance, makes people want a 4 door.

Sorry if I have offended any Stratus owners, but I am merely stating facts of what I see,
2 door cars sell fine, Dodge 2 door cars don't because they aren't good cars for the money or are just plain to expensive.

The stratus is the slowest vehicle in doges lineup, well maybe it can be a dodge van, people buying a 24k+ midsize coupe want good performance too, the stratus is a slug when it comes to performance, why would anyone want to spend 24k+ for a stratus R/T that can't even keep up with the base 20k v6 mustang, let alone get it's doors blown off by the GT which is only 1k more, that's why the mustang sells extreamly well and the stratus doesn't, if coupes didn't sell compaired to 4 doors then the mustang wouldn't outsell the charger and magnum sales combined but it does easily, Ford just knows how to build a midsize coupe, dodge doesn't and hasn't for quite a while, and from what we've heard they are blowing it again with the Challenger by only selling it as an expensive SRT version with the 6.1 and 6speed, what would be the worst seller of the potential lineup for that car.

As for those in the poll, it all depends on the power of the v6 and their weight, if it's another small v6 with only 200hp don't bother with any, if say the 3.5 with 250hp without jacking up the weight a rediculous amount then you'r talking.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:16 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

ORIGINAL: Big Ed

You guys both need to have your heads examined. Dodge NEEDS a coupe. The Stratus bombed for 2 reasons - being a slug and being a copy cat car.

Look at the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mustang, Monte Carlo, Cavalier/Cobalt, tC, Nissan 350Z and those are just a few to name.

The Stratus was OVERpriced and slow as sh*t. Now, I can get a supercharged Cobalt for less then the price of an R/T Stratus...and spank it on the 1/4 mile. I am of the opinion Dodge needs another coupe. They currently have zero coupes in the lineup for 06, 07, and possibly even 08. They also have only 1 coupe in the Chrysler lineup. That would be the Crossfire. The Dodge Viper isnt allowed in the discussion because its price alone voids it.

Look at every MAJOR car line up and you will find at the very least, one coupe. Chevy has the Cobalt, Monte Carlo, and the Corvette, not to mention the rebirth of the Camaro soon. Pontiac has the G6 and the GTO. Cadillac has the XLR even tho its in the Viper price range. Chrysler even has a V6 coupe. C'mon. Mitsubishi has the Eclipse. Ford has the Mustang. Toyota has the Lexus coupe, Nissan has the 350Z/Infiniti version.

Coupes sell really well, but the Stratus coupe was just overpriced and underpowered. Point blank. There is LITTLE to NONE in the way of aftermarket, and this is a car that Dodge screwed up on. It could have easily been a very fun car. I've seriously considered ripping out the motor and dropping in a 3.8L from a GXP Grand Am or something...

If Dodge was to put out a SRT-4 powered Neon coupe...or even something similar....it would sell.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LIke I said, we need both a Caliber RT/SRT-4 turbo charged coupe and an Avenger RT/SRT-6 super charged coupe...

Old 02-14-2006, 01:45 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Nah, we honestly dont need a coupe of a 4dr car. That's what did in the Stratus AND the Neon coupes in the first place.

Give me a completely seperate coupe....like maybe a rebirth of the Demon...or Roadrunner...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Dodge Car