Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge Hornet concept: News, reviews and articles

Old 03-09-2006, 11:30 PM
sambo77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Hornet concept: News, reviews and articles

My wife currently has a 2003 PT-Cruiser-GT Turbo and will be in the market for a new commuter car...
See really likes her PT alot but has thought she might want to get a Mini Cooper S with maybe just afew more extra mPG than her Current PT...

She just saw the pictures and really liked the Hornet Concept. Being a loyal MOPAR man, if it comes to market here in the USA the little Hornet my be the wife's next new ride.....

Old 03-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

look at the pics of the interior, those seats couldnt hold up an adult i dont think :

Old 03-10-2006, 01:48 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

Doesn't it have a supercharged 4-banger? Not bad.

Old 03-11-2006, 02:08 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chrysler group is looking for a partner on Hornet
Rick Kranz
Automotive News / March 6, 2006 - 6:00 am

GENEVA -- The Chrysler group will decide this year whether to produce the Dodge Hornet subcompact concept it unveiled here last week, and it is considering Asian and European automakers as joint-venture partners.

Chrysler group CEO Tom LaSorda disclosed at the Geneva auto show that Volkswagen, already a Chrysler partner, is one of the candidates. VW will begin sourcing a minivan from Chrysler in 2008.

Chrysler is expanding the Dodge brand globally and needs an entry-level vehicle that it can sell worldwide. The front-drive, five-door hatchback is just 8.3 inches longer than a Mini and about the same width as the Dodge Caliber.

The Hornet has a tall, spacious interior and rear seats that fold flat.

The Caliber will go on sale this spring outside the United States and eventually will be sold in 98 countries.

The Hornet is powered by a supercharged, 170-hp, 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine.

U.S. Dodge dealers have been asking for an entry-level car that would be positioned below the Caliber. The Caliber's sticker price is $13,985, including shipping.

Speaking of the B-car segment that the Hornet is aimed at, LaSorda said: "It is a segment we would like to get in if we can make money. (But) we would only be able to do that with a partner that has an architecture that meets North American and European safety and emission standards."

LaSorda said Chrysler is in talks with potential European and Asian partners.

"I told our teams to keep talking to people where we can make money," LaSorda said. "If we can't, let's just walk and move on to something else."

LaSorda said a decision on whether to proceed with Hornet "definitely" would be reached before the end of the year.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:12 PM
GOT

This Hornet seriously ROCKS!!! I'd buy one... I'd buy TWO! Awesome piece of machinery is it.

I've always liked the VW Polo... and a Polo with an aggressive Americanized style looks even cooler. Best looking B-car I've seen.

BRING IT ON!

Old 03-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Kitulu

Is anyone else seeing a trend here? Seriously, the "Big Three" have been investing most of their time and attention on trucks, SUV's, and the new, high-powered "retro" sports/muscle cars, i.e: Mustang, Charger, Magnum, Challenger, Camaro concept, etc, etc, etc...which, while all of them are way cool, guzzle gas like there is no tomorrow. Now, with rising gas prices, they seem to now be shifting focus to smaller, more gas-friendly cars, just like in the 70's when the oil embargo hit. There are times when I honestly think that we as a society should put aside our need for bigger engines and more power/speed, and put more attention into vehicles that require less fossil fuels to operate, and eventually none at all.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:23 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Kitulu

Is anyone else seeing a trend here? Seriously, the "Big Three" have been investing most of their time and attention on trucks, SUV's, and the new, high-powered "retro" sports/muscle cars, i.e: Mustang, Charger, Magnum, Challenger, Camaro concept, etc, etc, etc...which, while all of them are way cool, guzzle gas like there is no tomorrow. Now, with rising gas prices, they seem to now be shifting focus to smaller, more gas-friendly cars, just like in the 70's when the oil embargo hit. There are times when I honestly think that we as a society should put aside our need for bigger engines and more power/speed, and put more attention into vehicles that require less fossil fuels to operate, and eventually none at all.
While I agree with you, the options they keep presenting are nothing but go-kart sized vehicles that are all plastic.

Hydrogen powered vehicles are the future.....and I would very easily purchase one...

BMW is one of the leading companies on presenting Hydrogen powered full size vehicles. I think this is something that can easily happen...

Old 03-21-2006, 08:41 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

too bad the oil industries run enough of the world that the hydrogen vehicles are going to meet stiff opposition just because of the money behind gasoline...[:@]

Old 03-21-2006, 09:31 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

too bad the oil industries run enough of the world that the hydrogen vehicles are going to meet stiff opposition just because of the money behind gasoline...[:@]
That is why it is pointless to try and bother with electric cars and hybrids. Your better off with a diesel in that regard. I'm all for cleaning up the air and lessening our dependancy on fossil fuels, but doing it half-assed is pointless and worthless....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Hornet concept: News, reviews and articles