Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

New Dodge Maxx Concept

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 12:16 AM
turfgrass
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge Maxx Concept

Has anyone seen the the Dodge Maxx concept on the dodge website? I think it looks rediculous and it takes away the whole point of the pick-up truck, it makes it more of a mini-van/soccer-mom type vehicle hopefully it will never replace any of the pick-ups that we love!!

Here is the link for it

Old 04-08-2006, 12:51 AM
bmc52387
Default RE: New Dodge Maxx Concept

It's definately different. I wouldn't drive it.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

First things first... This is not new... It's been a concept vehicle for 4-7 years now.

What many people don't realize is that, concept vehicles are often just used for ideas of the future.

The Dodge MaXXcab is the Dodge Ram Mega Cab... This was a large cab concept. Instead of making a whole new truck. They just added "Mega Cab" to the Ram line up. You say this is a mini-van/soccer mom type vehicle... Do you think the same thing about the Mega Cab? It's is, in fact, the same thing... Except looks...

Dodge Maxx Concept = Dodge Ram Mega Cab

Old 04-08-2006, 02:49 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

First things first... This is not new... It's been a concept vehicle for 4-7 years now.

What many people don't realize is that, concept vehicles are often just used for ideas of the future.

The Dodge MaXXcab is the Dodge Ram Mega Cab... This was a large cab concept. Instead of making a whole new truck. They just added "Mega Cab" to the Ram line up. You say this is a mini-van/soccer mom type vehicle... Do you think the same thing about the Mega Cab? It's is, in fact, the same thing... Except looks...

uhm you just forgot that the MAXX's looks don't compare with the mega cab. also, the mega cab derives from the ram truck better than the MAXX. i don't know but it's just my saying.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:22 AM
turfgrass
Professional

I still say soccer-mom due to the key features listed for this being "# Overhead camera allows the driver to monitor the kids
# Edu-tainment center includes Internet, a sketch pad and DVD player". The Mega Cab if it is based from this concept is a much better idea because as we all know the quad cab just isn't big enough for adults to sit for any real amount of time comfortably that is. And the Maxx web page is targeted to People with kids, the Mega Cab is targeted at men who drive other men around say co-workers (at keast thats what I gather from the commercials).

Old 04-08-2006, 03:29 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

turfgrass - That's true, the features seem like they are targeted to families with kids, but I was just mentioning the large cab idea. It was basically what they were going for with the "MaXXcab"...

ORIGINAL: dubvipers

It's is, in fact, the same thing... Except looks...

uhm you just forgot that the MAXX's looks don't compare with the mega cab. also, the mega cab derives from the ram truck better than the MAXX. i don't know but it's just my saying.
Huh? You quoted me saying it's the same, except looks...

Old 04-09-2006, 02:25 PM
nsyncfanatic03
Professional

it looks as if they chopped the top and tryed to make it look more like a race truck.. ummm no i wouldnt drive it. i rather have the dakota.. like my grandfathers and puta bodykit on it..

Old 04-09-2006, 05:10 PM
whoosh
Champion

It's the same thing...We have a Mega Cab...it's the biggest truck around here...no where near soccer mom...

Old 04-12-2006, 08:40 AM
dakotaquadsport

The Maxx Cab was the basis for the current gen Quad Cab Ram. I'm guessing they were testing the waters for having 4 true doors on a truck. If this was the basis for the Mega-Cab, then the Mega-Cab would have been introduced from the get-go.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Not all concept cars are introduced immediaty. The rear of the cab is huge in this concept... Take a quote from Dodge's website... and the fact that it says MAXXcab

One gaze at this powerful concept vehicle from Dodge and you'll realize that it's different. Dodge MAXXcab turns the traditional upside down by providing plenty of comfort. You might even call it a Passenger Priority Pick-up. We do. After all, MAXXcab utilizes cab-forward design to provide uncommon interior spaciousness, and can accommodate kids with three built-in child safety seats.

Quick Reply: New Dodge Maxx Concept