Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Jeep Rumor

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 01:27 AM
lilredexpress
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Rumor

A friend told me Jeep is discontinuing the liberty, commander, and grand cherokee. i find this extremely hard to believe, does anybody know if this is true?

Old 04-16-2006, 03:05 AM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Default RE: Jeep Rumor

[sm=bs.gif]

Old 04-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can see the Liberty.. because Jeep is coming with two more small Jeeps... But not the brand new Commander and definately not the Grand Cherokee... Your friend needs to plug his BS spitter...

Old 04-17-2006, 02:53 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

why would they kill the liberty when they are making new cars on the same exact platform? and also jeep is trying to expand there brand not redo it.

the GC is one of the best selling SUVs in America. the commander is on the same platform. neither of those will be chopped.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:23 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

And then dodge will kill the rams, and caravans right? Please. They are not going anywhere anytime soon. The only one I see getting the ax might be the commander. Its just not selling well without a ton of money on the hood. Right now you can lease a commander for about ten bucks more a month than a GC. I almost got one, but the wife wanted a T&C this time.

Joe

Old 04-17-2006, 01:16 PM
nsyncfanatic03
Professional

i think your freind was just trying to scare you or he heard it from someone else and thoguth it was true or got it mixed up... either way its bs.. the liberty i can see like the others have said they are coming out with 2 more smaller jeeps... the GC haha no.. thats jeeps most sold product

Old 04-17-2006, 05:17 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Jeep won't get rid of the Liberty because the Nitro is going to use its platform, which makes Liberty costs even cheaper for Jeep. Commander's are "teh hotness" and those won't be leaving. The Cherokee has been around for years now and probably is one of their best sellers excluding the Wrangler. Thanks for breaking the BS-o-meter.

Old 04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Jeep won't get rid of the Liberty because the Nitro is going to use its platform, which makes Liberty costs even cheaper for Jeep. Commander's are "teh hotness" and those won't be leaving. The Cherokee has been around for years now and probably is one of their best sellers excluding the Wrangler. Thanks for breaking the BS-o-meter.

umm Matt who said earlier that they are also using the liberty platform for other things so they wouldn't kill that.

the wrangler doesn't sell well. they keep it around for other reasons then sales. the reason you see so many is because they stay around even though consumer reports would make u believe they brake after 2000 miles.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:43 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

That is true wranglers don't sell well. But its the image of the wrangler that keeps it alive. When you think jeep you think wrangler.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:56 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

exactly

Quick Reply: Jeep Rumor