Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler Nassau Concept!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 01:35 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Nassau Concept!

2000 Chrysler Nassau Design Concept...

My cousin and uncle have a membership to the Walter P. Chrysler Museum, and they were invited to an event, in which was for a conference about the "new" Chrysler. I was suppose to go w/ them, but other plans came up. He started talking about a 300C Concept Car, that was there named Nassau. I explained to him this, in which I hope you find helpful.

2000 Chrysler Nassau in back right of picture.

When the merger took over in 1998, the plans for the Charger R/T Concept and 300 HEMI C Convertible Concepts were being built off of the LH platform. Highly modified of course. The LH platform was designed, with the purpose if Chrysler had to, or wanted to, they could build a rear-wheel drive car off of it. The 1999 Dodge Charger R/T and 2000 Chrysler 300 HEMI C, were these products.

Front of 2000 Chrysler Nassau.

However, even since Bob Lutz, was President of the company, the company had planned on returning to the rear-drive full-size market. So in 1999, Chrysler designer Robert Hubbach, began work on a new design for a rear-wheel drive sedan. It would later become an inside house project known as the Nassau. The Nassau was designed not as a concept or a pre-production model, but as a working model for Chrysler engineers to study on. The car's design worked so well, that when Robert Hubbach retired in 2001? (I think it was); Ralph Gilles who worked on many other vehicles like the 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10, took over and used the design as the basis for the 2005 Chrysler 300C (300 Series), and the greenhouse design cue for the 2005 Dodge Magnum.

The showing of the Nassau at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum, marks the first time the car was shown to the public. The car has been under lock and key since the time of it's creation at the Auburn Hills Headquarters.

redriderbob

Old 06-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler Nassau Concept!

OMG... WOW!! That's amazing and SO SO SO very awesome!!

~Amanda

Old 06-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler Nassau Concept!

thats um well different I guess.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Nassau Concept!