Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Charger finally announced

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 08:47 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Charger finally announced

ORIGINAL: novicius

Again, what, the K-car Charger was great because it was "all-American"?

P.S. - Should I start referring to the Charger as the new Intrepirango now, or wait for its debut? [&:]
I was refering to the '99 Dodge Charger concept car and not the 80's Charger, the 80's Chargers were production, the '99 concept car was announced to go into production(minus the CNG powerplant), only to have Dumler pull the plug on it later.[sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley7.gif]

And yes, you should refer to it as the Intrepirango.[sm=smiley36.gif]

Here is a pics of the '99 Charger concept car:

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/Jh164920026.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/Zu650351417.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Kingelvis
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charger finally announced

I'm a bit concerened about one line of the press release where it says the Charger will have the same "interior and underbody as the Magnum."

PLEASE DCX PLEASE don't make the Charger 59 inches tall. I can see the logic with the 'crossover' magnum, but can't we have ANY cars that are low and wide anymore?

I'm down on my knees, 'a beggin' ya please don't make the thing a five footer like the Magnum.

I too would prefer the 116" wheelbase of the Airflyte concept. This would give it more of that famous 'long hood' look of halcyon days.

I remember the 'low roof' concept that appeared in the defunct Chrysler oriented website "Car Truck News" - it had things like a chrome A pillar post and other retro cues. Does anyone here have a copy of that 'artist concept' shot from Car Truck?

Quick Reply: Charger finally announced