Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Who Here Wants 100 Million Dollars!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Here Wants 100 Million Dollars!?!

LeftLaneNews.com

U.S. lawmakers have proposed a more than $100 million in prize money to inventors that help overcome the technical barriers to a widespread commercialization of hydrogen as an energy source, reports Market Watch. While researchers have developed both fuel cell (electric) and hydrogen combustion vehicles, several hurdles still exist. They relate mainly storing enough hydrogen to achieve reasonable range, and extracting hydrogen in a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly manner.

Brainstorm people! You could be that person who hits it BIG!! It's definately worth a shot if you've got some college knowledge.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:51 AM
rcompart
Default RE: Who Here Wants 100 Million Dollars!?!

How much juice would you need to seperate it from water? I mean if you used the power you got from the hydrogen and oxygen when you seperate it with an electric charge, would there be a way to harness the power you got from a reciprocating engine that in turn would generate both mechanical power to drive the vehicle as well as electrical power to seperate more water into h and o2? Good concept at best I think but something that should not be overlooked either. If I'm the first one to think of this, then damn I suck because I haven't patented it, YET! hehe

Old 05-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Avenger39
Professional
Default RE: Who Here Wants 100 Million Dollars!?!

You aint the first to think of it. i thought of it a year or two ago. im sure many others have too. it is impossible to for it too work. all you are doing is putting energy into the system and pulling it right back out. since efficiency is below 100%, you are actually losing power. it would be like charging a battery and draining it. there is no increase in power. i personally think hydrogen is way to hyped up.

Quick Reply: Who Here Wants 100 Million Dollars!?!