Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

First photo of new Viper?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Jviper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First photo of new Viper?

Yeah it really is a viper, it looked like it had a cover on it.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

matt is right..the roof is flat...in this world of body kits for everything, there is no way of saying that he didnt take a picture of a mustang with a viper front clip on it...ive seen several cobras with corvette front ends...

that being said, amanda and i saw a new GT500 on the road last MARCH...driving down I75....last summer, we were out riding around on a weekend, and we saw a new C6Z06.

that picture is awful, and shows us nothing, even if it is a viper...for all we know, it could easily be a cosmetically altered current viper.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:09 AM
wildbill
Veteran

Agreed- its super easy to put some foam and fake trim panels on any car to fake out spy photo folks (or the average joe with a camera). If it was in Detroit, its got to be a pretty safe bet that it was what you think it was- some sort of Viper workhorse. I'm heading up there in a couple of weeks myself- first time ever to Detroit..I'm hoping I see some cool stuff driving around. I'll definately have my camera!
Either way- I'm excited to see a new viper. The current one looks damn good, but I'm sure a reskin/redesign will look even better and no matter what- you can't complain about some more horsepower thrown in.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:45 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

and the over all shape of the car...
If my knowledge stands correct, isn't the Fire Power sitting on the Viper platform? It's funny how some of you guys will jump all over, "oh, it's a Viper" but facts point out that the poor pictures taken are less likely to be one. Plus it's not even 2007 yet, we won't see the Viper until 08' ish. It should still be in the developing, not testing...in public.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Could be the Viper, could be the Firepower, could be just testing an engine...

Here is a quote from Allpar...
ORIGINAL: skidsmadawg96

I saw one like that on 12 mile and Orchard lake (in farmington hills) a few weeks back, but I was turning right, and he was flying past me (he kept going on 12...). It was red, with what appeared to be a raw, unfinished carbon fiber hood, with alot of holes, and it was raised much higher (the hood) than on a stock viper. other than that, it was the same as a stock viper...

couldnt hear the exhaust, cause I was on the phone

Another...
ORIGINAL: hemidakota

Again there is change to the intake runner that require 'a bigger bulge' in the hood --as I was told.
In reply to your reply at CF...

Old 05-09-2006, 10:54 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

raw, unfinished carbon fiber hood, with alot of holes, and it was raised much higher (the hood) than on a stock viper.
Modifications made on a stock Viper. There's so many options out there. He even said it was the, "same as a stock viper"

as I was told.
That's a third party response. For all the second party knew, it could have a super chager and the owner just wanted a better looking hood.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Right, they saw the two modifed Vipers that were exactly the same....[&:]

Old 05-10-2006, 01:24 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive already seen the new viper that they are talking about...with the holes in the hood and such...

Quick Reply: First photo of new Viper?