Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler 300 Getting New Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 05:39 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler 300 Getting New Interior

The Chrysler 300 will get a completely redesigned interior in a forthcoming update, according to Ralph Gilles, vice president of design at the Chrysler Group (pictured). Speaking to the Automotive Press Association, Gilles said, “we need an update […] you’re going to see a significant improvement in the interior of that car.” He did not say when the revision would come. [Thanks to Eric Saltes for the news tip!]

Source: Left Lane News

[IMG]local://upfiles/284/4709DDC5E1074799B6EBBD0BE980DF35.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler 300 Getting New Interior

DaimlerChrysler Inc.will completely redo the still-fresh interiors of several of its vehicles, including the two-year-old Chrysler 300, says Ralph Gilles, one of the creators of the phenomenally successful car.
While the Chrysler Group has found the 300 is still gaining sales on the basis of its bold exterior design -- its best sales month was February, nearly two years after its launch -- the company has decided it needs to upgrade its interiors to better compete with its mainly German and Japanese competition.

"We need an update" of the 300, Gilles said after a panel discussion between some of Detroit's top automotive designers. He called interior quality "a deal closer" that is particularly important to female car buyers, who make up 52 per cent of the market.

The interior of the 300 -- and that of its stablemate, the Dodge Magnum -- were designed between 2001 and 2003. That was in the midst of a do-or-die corporate restructuring that saw Chrysler close plants in the U.S. and Canada and shed 30,000 employees. The company couldn't risk spending as much as it wanted to on the quality of the interior finishings.

"You're going to see a significant improvement in the interior of that car" when the new version hits the market, Gilles said at a meeting of the Automotive Press Association. He refused to say when that would be. "I can't tell you. It's coming."

Gilles said other models in the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep lineup have also been targeted for an interior refresh, and a budget allotted for each of them.
The Calgary Herald

Old 05-11-2006, 11:28 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

my gramps said the cup holders needed some work in the 300s due to the placement it makes it much harder to drink coffees, especially the senior size ones that stay at the level of the shiftercolumn...other then that I must say that I dont think they need much improvement....I am already impressed w/ the 300s Interior but improvements could make for a more desirable car.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:34 AM
wildbill
Veteran

WOW! That is definately a particular comment to make...about the cupholders. I know how that is though. I think a lot of cars gear their cupholders to fit the Big Gulp and whatnot and forget about the people that like to put their small Dunkin Donut's cups (or whatever) in there. Its definately hard to get at them! That's why I get the medium most of the time....well that and I normally like to drink more coffee...

GO DnD! (Its okay..you can call me a Dunkin' fanboy That's okay here, right?)

Old 05-16-2006, 12:04 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

yeah I miss dunkin donuts...

Old 05-16-2006, 01:35 PM
shiltz
Captain

I never thought the Placement of the cupholders was an issue on the 300, it's the same as in the Magnum which is what I drive, my only issue the cupholders are two different sizes and the drivers side one is to small to put almost any drinks in save those thin little energy drink cans or some of the smaller thinner water bottles, even a normal 12oz can doesn't fit well, I always have to use the passenger side one for my drinks.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:28 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they could modify the ones they have in the Caravan to shoot out like they do in my Intrepid, that would be the perfect set of cupholders. The ones in the Caravan are adjustable and the ones they had in the Intrepid would shoot out if you just tapped the door of the cupholders. This is handy when you have your hands full with the actual drink you intend to put in there.

They could use softer materials on the dash so then they can compare to other luxury brands such as Lexus.

Quick Reply: Chrysler 300 Getting New Interior