Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

I spy GM being a copycat!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 03:21 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: I spy GM being a copycat!!

It's no copy and saying it's a copy seems like we're trying to make everything seem that way... Taking it too far...

Look at the new 2007 Toyota Tundra... That's a copy...

Old 05-23-2006, 10:41 PM
b3nzyme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ lol wow. Oh well, i guess by increasing numbers of look-alike parts or closely similar features on these new upcoming trucks, then guess its time to just deal with it. the next generation ram will probably steal the showroom. lol. It will just be a while tho. Maybe a little too long. 2009-2010 i'm thinking..

update: nope.. nevermind. i just saw another picture of the '07 Tundra and it doesn't resemble the Ram almost not at all. i was just looking at a close-up sideways view that gave me the wrong picture in mind. And i hate to say it but i feel sorry now for toyota. that tundra will be the death of their truck market (in exaggeration). If it sells, it will sell to people who use it for towing 10000lbs daily (pfft whatever) and maybe its few other uses but they will DEFINITELY HAVE to be the kind of people who don't care about UGLY! lol

Old 05-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Whoops... I meant 2008...

Look here: https://dodgeforum.com/m_394175/tm.htm

Old 06-02-2006, 07:59 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: b3nzyme

^^^^ lol wow. Oh well, i guess by increasing numbers of look-alike parts or closely similar features on these new upcoming trucks, then guess its time to just deal with it. the next generation ram will probably steal the showroom. lol. It will just be a while tho. Maybe a little too long. 2009-2010 i'm thinking..

update: nope.. nevermind. i just saw another picture of the '07 Tundra and it doesn't resemble the Ram almost not at all. i was just looking at a close-up sideways view that gave me the wrong picture in mind. And i hate to say it but i feel sorry now for toyota. that tundra will be the death of their truck market (in exaggeration). If it sells, it will sell to people who use it for towing 10000lbs daily (pfft whatever) and maybe its few other uses but they will DEFINITELY HAVE to be the kind of people who don't care about UGLY! lol

Don't be too sure. It looks like Toyota might actually have something for the first time that will compete. Don't feel sorry for Toyota, they are doing quite well at coning people into believe that their cars are perfect despite their oil sludge problems (which I have heard rumors of the Tundra having), despite the fact that their new 6-speed in their cars are busting, despite the head-gasket problems with the 3.0L in the early 90s, despite the transmission and engine problems they are having with the Prius, but we don't hear about that because CR is getting paid off.

Quick Reply: I spy GM being a copycat!!