Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

will dodge ever change the srt10 qc tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:48 PM
b3nzyme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will dodge ever change the srt10 qc tranny?

does dodge or will they every have plans to incorporate the manual transmission inside the quad cab models. there is a high demand for it. people want the quad cab for room but, like me and many others, hate sacrificing acceleration to get it. i see a lot of people online wondering the same thing so i am kind of speaking for them. i understand QCs are naturally slowerdue to weight and aerodynamics but you really are sacrificing a lot more having the automatic transmission as the only option. plus, ive seen a lot of people driving SVT lightnings beating QC SRT-10s thenbragging to everyone about it. that makes me furious lol. we just need to kind of up the QC's perfomance a little PLEASE?

Old 05-19-2006, 02:53 PM
b3nzyme
Default RE: will dodge ever change the srt10 qc tranny?

i just think you should have a choice between auto and manual. one more thing....i have also seen a lot of people who own srt10 qcs who say they'd rather the automatic cusof luxury and all and they don't care too much about speed. My remark is: "WHY SPEND 50GRAND ON A SPEED TRUCK WHEN YOU DONT CARE FOR SPEED. IF YOU WANT LUXURY GET A REGULAR RAM WITH WHATEVER YOU WANT ORDERED IN IT ANDITWOULD SAVE YOU MONEY! PEOPLE LIKE YOU GIVE DODGE A BAD REPUTATION ON THE STREETS! THANK YOU DOUCHEBAGS![:@][:'(]"

Old 05-19-2006, 03:40 PM
shiltz
Captain

I belive the whole reason behind the auto is for towing, the 6 speed used in the standard cab SRT-10 isn't rated for towing and the lack of any reasonable towing ability is the reason why they made the quad cab SRT-10 in the first place, a sporty full size truck is kind of pointless if you take out all the advantages of having a truck.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

a sporty full size truck is kind of pointless if you take out all the advantages of having a truck.
I agree, but I think they should still have the option... Just for those who can't make up their minds...

Old 05-20-2006, 02:05 AM
b3nzyme

ORIGINAL: shiltz

I belive the whole reason behind the auto is for towing, the 6 speed used in the standard cab SRT-10 isn't rated for towing and the lack of any reasonable towing ability is the reason why they made the quad cab SRT-10 in the first place, a sporty full size truck is kind of pointless if you take out all the advantages of having a truck.

i'm not hating, you make a good point but think about this.

---a 4 speed automatic being the only option isnt good for towing either....------

thats why we got 5 speeds in the 5.7s and down for the towing and the tow/haul button

want to tow? buy a cummins.
want to tow but more speed? buy a HEMI
want the best speed and less towing capacity(that of a 4.7)? buy an srt-10

trucks werent meant for speed but you got to sacrifice. besides who tows more than 7500lbs daily?pfft

Old 05-20-2006, 03:28 AM
shiltz
Captain

Unfortunatly the 5 speed can't hold up to the hp and torque of the SRT-10 engine, the only transmisions they have that can are the 6 speed from the viper which has a towing capability of 0lbs. or the 4 speed auto that can tow 7500lbs, why buy a pickup truck that can't even tow what a neon can, though the 2007 3500 chassis cab is going to have the option of a 6 speed auto and 6 speed manual with the new 6.7L cummins so those will hold up as well, so maybe they will change the SRT-10 to use those two, then you could have an auto or manual with towing capacity.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:37 PM
b3nzyme

that sounds cool . maybe one day..

Quick Reply: will dodge ever change the srt10 qc tranny?