Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Car dealer sues Mercedes over faulty 17m CLK GTR

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 05:01 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Car dealer sues Mercedes over faulty 17m CLK GTR

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/...llion-clk-gtr/

Old 06-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Dartman69
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car dealer sues Mercedes over faulty 17m CLK GTR

I dunno, somethin' sounds fishy about all this to me...I'm willing to bet that there is more to the story then what we have read so far. I wonder what kind of "test-drive" the car was taken on. If you leave a car to sit for 2 years then take it out on a "test-drive" (test drive would imply a raucous bagging considering the cars racing pedigree) it would make perfect sense that something would go wrong with it. After all those years of unuse, I'm sure that there were a few seals that dried up within the drivetrain that would cause such problems. I doubt that proper procedures were followed when this car was "brought out of mothballs".

Old 06-15-2006, 11:43 PM
srtommy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Dartman69

I dunno, somethin' sounds fishy about all this to me...I'm willing to bet that there is more to the story then what we have read so far. I wonder what kind of "test-drive" the car was taken on. If you leave a car to sit for 2 years then take it out on a "test-drive" (test drive would imply a raucous bagging considering the cars racing pedigree) it would make perfect sense that something would go wrong with it. After all those years of unuse, I'm sure that there were a few seals that dried up within the drivetrain that would cause such problems. I doubt that proper procedures were followed when this car was "brought out of mothballs".
Sounds like your typical manufacturer to dealer type relationship.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:04 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

sounds fishy to me too, but I'm on teh consumer's side. If you buy that car its 99% sure you are buying it to race it and if it cant race for 10 blocks then something is wrong, especially when its 1.7 million dollars. You would expect more, and perhaps a more reliable or longer lasting vehicle than average, depending if you drive it like you would anything else. I think the manufacturers cut a corner or two before selling it to optimise profit due to their sluggish sales so far

Quick Reply: Car dealer sues Mercedes over faulty 17m CLK GTR