Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

One more diesel the US isn't getting

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:44 PM
2coff
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: One more diesel the US isn't getting

Most of the time the Bio-diesel people use big Mercedes-Benz's of old, far from small cars. But I'm with most here I would get a Diesel in a hart beat if there were some worth getting. Big cars and truck would see the most gains from Deisel use.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:53 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2coff

Big cars and truck would see the most gains from Deisel use.
Okay, are you saying that if Diesels were used in big cars such as the 300 and used in trucks that do not have them yet such as the Dakota and 1500 models, then diesel would gain more significantly than if they were just added in smaller cars such as the late-Neon?
Or are you saying that the same with the big cars and trucks that already have diesel will show the most gains?
Regardless, I believe that Diesels should be added to all the vehicle line-ups but focus first on Big cars and popular vehicles that are not fuel efficient. People in that crowd will appreciate them more.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:09 AM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I WANT ONE

they need to give us some of the diesels... both Jeeps we dont get, and now this one too

I want to see black smoke coming out of my rear end

Old 06-20-2006, 09:23 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What I am saying (I know the question was posed more twords 2coff) is that people in the larger cars/trucks would probably be more likely to buy a diesel if it was offered than buyers of smaller cars, since large cars/trucks would probably see the biggest gains.
Not to say that offering a diesel option for, lets say, the Neon would not be popular. I'm sure it would be.
If they offered a 4-cylinder version of the Ram Cummins engine in the Dakota, I would be all over that. First, because its a diesel; second, the 5.9L I-6 is one awesome, long-lasting engine. (Heck, if they offered the Sprinter diesel in the Dakota, I would buy it, but the Cummins' has more of a history, and more power)
I like to see the Grand Cherokee is going to *finally* offer a diesel here in America. Hopefully they wise up, and bring the diesels they install on the export vehicles to the American vehicles. If the American people were given the option (and know those engines are available) they would probably grab 'em up.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:38 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couldn't agree with you more dodgerules86. If Dodge wants to sell more Dakotas all they need to do is offer a diesel version because they could use a more fuel efficient option, plus diesels are historically more reliable and offer tons of torque. The bigger the vehicle is the worse mileage it gets; therefore, a more fuel efficient car will appreciate a more fuel efficient powertrain. There is a reason why truckers use diesels. I think the 1500 model of the Ram should get this 3.0L CRD as well or a I4 version of the Cummins. People would buy it. This 3.0L produces the same torque as a HEMI and the hp might be a little low but oh well torque is more important in a truck anyways. I'm hoping to have a diesel something as my next vehicle. I love diesel engines.

Quick Reply: One more diesel the US isn't getting