Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 04:24 AM
HEMI TT
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charger

ORIGINAL: moparhoney

Boy do I love those pictures, that was such a great concept.

ORIGINAL: georgejetson

There's a photochop done by 58Hawk with the help of some insiders that's said to be fairly close. It's in this thread -- scroll down a bit to see it.

A number of insiders have also pointed to the chops done by Popular Hot Rodding a few months ago, for whatever that's worth. The general shape of their car is similar to 58Hawk's rendering; I wouldn't pay too much attention to the detailing...
That doesn't look to bad, it'll definately be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Old 07-01-2004, 11:12 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope it doesn't look like the 300C too much since whatever it is, it's supposed to be the next NASCAR racer.

Old 07-01-2004, 11:24 AM
georgejetson
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you think that matters? Do you think manufacturers should feel compelled to design their street cars to look like NASCAR's template?

Charger will have the same underlying structure as the 300, so things like the chopped-roof look and general proportions will carry over. It'll have a Magnum interior, too, for the most part. That's just the nature of "flexible manufacturing".

The Cup car will look like all the other Cup cars do, except for the decals on the ends. Maybe one of these days the Big Three will wise up and walk away from the France Family Boondoggle and start their own series where the cars look like production cars. Until then, don't expect to get too many clues about the production Charger's shape or detailing (other than the end caps, I suppose) from the racecar.

Quick Reply: Charger