Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Mopar Styling - Where are we going?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
mopar5949
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Styling - Where are we going?

Been reading a lot of threads lately complaining about the styling of the new Sebring. Most comparisons are based on what the Accord and Camry look like. Personally I don't think any one of those cars have any real style at all. They appeal to the masses because they remain booring. Would like you all to comment on this.

BTW - I love the 300 and Caliber, think the Charger looks its name and can't wait for the Challenger!

Old 08-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Default RE: Mopar Styling - Where are we going?

i like the sebring too and while i do see similiarities (sp?) between it and other cars i think it has a distinct chrysler look to it. i do think it would look better with a longer rear deck but it still looks nice. some ppl love the charger and some ppl complain about it. it still has a muscle car stance to it and does have some similiar lines to the old chargers but its a modern take on an old muscle car yeah i like the look of the old ones better but what kind of company would DCX be if they didnt keep moving forward. Ford brought the retro look back to the mustang and Chevy is planning on a retro looking camaro and now Dodge has a retro looking challenger soon to be out so theres plenty of choices for those who want a brand new car with the technology of the 21st century combined with the mean looks of the muscle car era.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:33 PM
hemi 265
Professional

I agree i like the new Sebring and never liked any model of Camry and thats living in Australia where i never seen any model of the Sebring in real life only pics on the net. Since the new Sebring will be built in RHD aswell, mags in Australia have shown it with a mixed veiw. Some have said how nice it is and one mag said what is Chrysler thinking, first they show us the new Challenger(they loved it) then they show us this (the Sebring,they hated it). As for me i love how Chrysler still has the guts to design a car to stand out and not blend in to all other cars driving in the street. Chrysler Australia has put up it's hand to get the new Sebring here since being built in RHD, so we wont just have boring mid size cars only like the Camry anymore.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:31 AM
clean_sx
Record Breaker

isnt the chager/300 in the "same" class as the camry and accord?

Old 08-14-2006, 03:27 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: clean_sx

isnt the chager/300 in the "same" class as the camry and accord?
i thought they were in the large sedans class, while the cam and acc are mid

Old 08-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Pitt Ram
Rookie

Ever hear the dodge saying?...Dodge Different

I like dodge becuse of the fact that they are different

If people dont like the styling...maybe they are blind or boring

Quick Reply: Mopar Styling - Where are we going?