Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

dodge slingshot

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 01:20 AM
IceFreak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge slingshot

isint this a pretty car
here is the infohttp://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/editorial/photos/index.cfm/id/feature23/img/slingshot.htm

[IMG]local://upfiles/5671/1D3BA64FCC2A479182134A50F5DAF2BC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-11-2004, 01:30 AM
87Indy500
Veteran
Default RE: dodge slingshot

Just seen it in person today......All I can say is DAUM!!!

Defiantly a nice car. Hopefully it will make it to production. I doubt that If it does that it'll be affordable to the working man though....

Old 07-11-2004, 01:36 AM
IceFreak

yea if u notice it kind of looks like a rx-8

Old 07-11-2004, 10:19 AM
georgejetson
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 87Indy500

Just seen it in person today......All I can say is DAUM!!!

Defiantly a nice car. Hopefully it will make it to production. I doubt that If it does that it'll be affordable to the working man though....
I'm sure it will be affordable if they build it. I'm less sure you'll want one. It's designed as a cheap high-mileage commuter car, not an exotic. There's a three-cylinder motor and a smart platform hidden under there.

Razor, on the other hand, would be a car to have...

Old 07-11-2004, 05:32 PM
redriderbob
Banned

The Dodge Slingshot, is based off of the Smart Roadster, which is currently sold in Europe. The Slingshot, basicly just changes sheetmetal of the Roadster production car. This car isn't likely to show up as a US production model, however, since Chrysler Group will be expanding the Dodge lineup for the first time to Europe, the Slingshot could be a Euporean model Dodge. Expect Dodge to start showing up in Europe in 2006.

redriderbob

Old 07-11-2004, 05:37 PM
redriderbob
Banned

The Concept:
Dodge Sling Shot is a boldly distinctive new sports car vision from Dodge – one that’s practical, adaptable and, above all, affordable. Designed from the ground up to be a driver’s car, with the kind of look, feel and responsive drivability that enthusiasts demand, the Sling Shot concept was designed with fuel efficiency being a key part of its basic design. Dodge Sling Shot is designed for open-air driving with a main roof panel and side rails over the passenger area that can be stored in the trunk (Sling Shot has two storage areas), while a canvas roof panel can slide back and out of the way like a roll top desk for open-air driving.

The Specs:
Sling Shot features a rear-mounted, 3-cylinder, gasoline engine that is tuned to deliver 100 bhp and 0-60 mph time of about 10 seconds due to power to weight ratio of 17.4 lbs/bhp. A five-speed gearbox, rack-and-pinion steering, four-wheel independent suspension and four-wheel disc brakes complete the driver-oriented characteristics contributing to the Sling Shot’s efficient, responsive and fun-to-drive personality at the same time delivering up to 45 mpg.

DaimlerChrysler Media

redriderbob

Old 07-12-2004, 07:40 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Dodge Slingshot Concept

More Pictures of the Smart Roadster...

redriderbob

Quick Reply: dodge slingshot