DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Brand News, Concepts & Rumors (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors-29/)
-   -   2008 Jeep Liberty Unmasked (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors/77794-2008-jeep-liberty-unmasked.html)

SHAPman 10-20-2006 04:47 AM

RE: 2008 Jeep Liberty Unmasked

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

as of right now i would not get one to replace my current one. it is not a liberty if the spare tire isn't on the rear. that is really what is getting me down about it.
Hope you don't get rear ended Nick. My wifes 03 blew in the flipper window, destroyed the the back swing door, bumper and tire swing arm. The guy hit at no more than 20 mph. I'm glad to see the tire gone!

Joe

nickoman01 10-20-2006 04:55 AM

ORIGINAL: jgralka

as of right now i would not get one to replace my current one. it is not a liberty if the spare tire isn't on the rear. that is really what is getting me down about it.
Hope you don't get rear ended Nick. My wifes 03 blew in the flipper window, destroyed the the back swing door, bumper and tire swing arm. The guy hit at no more than 20 mph. I'm glad to see the tire gone!

Joe

i would kind of expect all that to happen. i think i remember watching a crash test on the news were they backed it into a poll at like 10 mph and the back window shattered. was your wife perfectly fine when all was said and done? if she was then the vehicle did its job. i will have to see and drive one in person before i make a call either way but i would of preferred if they modeled it after the GC instead of the commander.

ViperGTS 10-20-2006 02:16 PM

Wouldn't the tire absorb some of the impact, thus making the vehicle safe for a faster rear impact?

D_X 10-20-2006 11:12 PM

it's been updated

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/liberty-2008.html

shots of a possible retractable cloth roof! :D

SHAPman 10-21-2006 04:34 AM

ORIGINAL: jgralka

Joe

i would kind of expect all that to happen. i think i remember watching a crash test on the news were they backed it into a poll at like 10 mph and the back window shattered. was your wife perfectly fine when all was said and done? if she was then the vehicle did its job. i will have to see and drive one in person before i make a call either way but i would of preferred if they modeled it after the GC instead of the commander.

She had glass in her hair, but thats it. If my daughter was in the back seat she would have got a ton of shattered glass thrown at her. So no it didn't do its job. A minor fender bender should not incure that much damage. If the guy had just hit the bumper only the bumper would have got it, not the whole rear end of the truck. It was only a cavalier that hit her!

Joe

nickoman01 10-21-2006 05:41 AM

fair enough well i guess it is a good thing i am usually going to fast to get rear ended and the fact i avoid traffic lights in general.

MGDMike 10-22-2006 04:28 PM

Very, very nice!

DsStang25 11-05-2006 05:52 PM

Eh its ok. Im partial to the orange Patriot concept thing with the aftermarket bumper and oversized tires. I like the look of the commander too, its just kind of a pointless vehicle though. I bet the new wrangler has more foot room in the back seat than a commander, I bet its wider too. It just dont have that third seat. If I was making great money(like 400k a year) I might buy a hemi commander though, they look sweet.

Potato_112 12-15-2006 05:53 PM

It's ok...Kinda lost the true Jeep feeling without the round headlamps...Plus that one seemed too nice to beat up on a trail or in the backwoods...Yet, im sure plastic is coming like that of a Nitro...It could be up a little bit higher off the ground...All n' all, Im sure it will grow on us

Daksport1pa 12-15-2006 08:33 PM

I dig it. Looks like a baby Commander. I'd drive it.