Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Who Writes the new car reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:44 PM
mopar5949
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Writes the new car reviews?

I'm really wondering who writes these new car reviews? You see, I drive any number of slightly used (<5000 miles) vehicles every day and I solicit my wife and kids plus family members and friends to comment on the cars when I get them. My family ranges in age from 21 - 86 and all members in between. Most of the time they agree on things like ride, overall look, comfort and the like. Most of the time they completely disagree with the so called experts. These are real people who drive real cars on real roads. They don't put them through slalom tests, hard acceleration or cornering tests or emergency braking manuvers. They just express their opinion of the car based on every day driving in every day conditions. They ask questions about how the wipers work, how easy is it to tune in the radio, can I get into and out of it easily and will that rattle ever go away. We all read the reviews in the trade rags but do they really mean anything? What do you think?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:16 PM
srtommy
Veteran
Default RE: Who Writes the new car reviews?

I believe employees at Toyota and Honda write every article in every magazine about cars. (that is not brand specific i.e. Motor Trend, Car and Driver etc)

Old 02-15-2007, 10:08 PM
06hemiiiii85
Default RE: Who Writes the new car reviews?

i couldent agree more

Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick Reply: Who Writes the new car reviews?