Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Challenger Production Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Dartman69
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger Production Update

The latest from Dodge: http://www.dodge.com/dodge_life/news...p;type=textNav

I must say that I'm rather sad to hear that it won't start production until the spring of next year. I was really hopin' they'd have it out by January '08. I only hope that the extra dealy means we'll see the new VVT Hemis in the cars.

I wonder if the Hi-Po engines could utilize MDS with the engines running VVT cams?

Since the 6.1s currently use too lumpy a cam to allow for MDS, VVT might just make this possible. We just might be able to have our cake and eat it too. Just speculation.

P.S. Off topic. How many posts does a guy have to make until he graduates to a three-star level? (I've been a truck series racer for about a year now and I post fairly frequently.)

Old 03-11-2007, 04:34 AM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker
Default RE: Challenger Production Update

I cant wait to get out of college and start my career... then I will have to get one of those!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 02:48 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

The 6.1 cam was not designed for MDS, this is why it will not be in an MDS engine. A normal 5.7 cam is not compatible with MDS either. Chrysler can easily design a cam even more aggressive than the 6.1 version to be implemented with MDS.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:29 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am also guessing the potential sale may have soemthing to do with the slowness.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:10 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Dartman69

P.S. Off topic. How many posts does a guy have to make until he graduates to a three-star level? (I've been a truck series racer for about a year now and I post fairly frequently.)
You get 3-stars when you hit 1,000 posts, and 4-stars when you hit 2,000 posts IIRC...

As for the Challenger news,I am also dissapointed that the release wont be till mid-2008, but I also want this thing to be perfect (well, as perfect as any new car can be) before its released.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
scatpackmopar
Veteran

As far as MDS goes Chrysler is suposedly working on an improved MDS system that will include all V8's and V6's. This will also take years and years to see. Anyone wonder what happened to the company that could show a concept and have it in production in less than 2 years like the Viper? Daimler still wondering how they screwed up Chrylser?

Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Bruce_Lee

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this before, but I read in MotorTrend that Chrysler is having a hard time keeping the costs (Manf and parts)down and so they aren't planning to offer an 'affordable' V6 option.

This is kind of sadfor those of us who feel we don't need a V8 (not that I don't want it).[:'(]

Old 03-13-2007, 12:10 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bruce_Lee

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this before, but I read in MotorTrend that Chrysler is having a hard time keeping the costs (Manf and parts)down and so they aren't planning to offer an 'affordable' V6 option.

This is kind of sadfor those of us who feel we don't need a V8 (not that I don't want it).[:'(]
This is what happens when you use Mercedes technology. They should have kept the LH platform for this and utilized the RWD capabilities the platform had.

So how powerful would a HEMI with VVT be?

Old 03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

Well, I'm not normally an optimist, but I think they are "sandbagging" a bit. I will truly be amazed if this baby does not start rolling off the assembly line at the end of '07 as an '08 model. They may be hoping to "exceed expectations" by delivering "earlier" than announced...pure Public Relations.

Only speculation on my part, but quite plausible.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:07 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: scatpackmopar

As far as MDS goes Chrysler is suposedly working on an improved MDS system that will include all V8's and V6's. This will also take years and years to see. Anyone wonder what happened to the company that could show a concept and have it in production in less than 2 years like the Viper? Daimler still wondering how they screwed up Chrylser?
My thoughts exactly! Mercedes purchase of Chrysler Corp. was more a benefit to them than it was to Chrysler. Since the purchase things have slowed dramatically in regards to new product introduction to the market. A bottle neck effect on releasing new watered downproduct. Mercedes benefited byexpanding theirmarket since the buyout through a domestic connection (Chrysler). As far as innovation Chrysler was doing fine before and the only thing they have gained from Mercedes is their outdated technology. Nothing groundbreaking or high tech.

I really don't see them dumping Chrysler with the amount of money invested but they had better loosen up on the reigns and let the innovators there get back to what they were doing so well. Designing and quickly bringing innovative agressive product to market. I will also add NO MORE COMPASS AND CALIBER TYPE VEHICLES! These are the watered down mundane cars that surely spell disaster to what became known as THE innovator in the American automotive market! DCXis drivingthem away from their roots and the public will respond through looking elsewhere for exciting vehicles.

Quick Reply: Challenger Production Update