Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Caveat Emptor

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:48 PM
roadrnr_70
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caveat Emptor

"Buyer Beware". Even with the recent passing of new OMVIC rules in Ontario, used car dealers still use shady practices when it comes to disclosure. I recently experienced this first hand at a GTA Chrysler dealer. After haggling for over 3 hours, not until after I had committed to buy the used truck in question, was it disclosed that it had been involved in an accident, and....it was a daily rental!!! I thought I had asked all the right questions leading up to this, but come on....those two issues alone should have been on the table first and foremost. OMVIC rules state that any "daily rental" must be indicated in the advertising. It wasn't. The "CarProof" should have been produced immediately, not after the credit card was in hand. I never did see the CarProof, but had it "read" to me. I'm thinking of taking this up with Chrysler Canada, at the very least, and perhaps OMVIC too. I dealt with not just a salesman on this, but the sales manager, which worries me that this is endemic, not just a couple of rogues. Any thoughts or comments?

Old 04-09-2010, 08:30 AM
rtspeedemon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would talk to the dealer tell them you want the District Rep contact info and go over the dealerships head. UNLESS of course they offer some sort of compensation.

Quick Reply: Caveat Emptor