Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Imported from Detroit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 PM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imported from Detroit?

As much as I enjoyed the first Superbowl Commercial where they had Eminem drive the new Dodge 200 and then they say Imported from (hesitation) Detroit. I was pumped as a retiree(due to disability or I would be working at the plant the keeps Chrysler and Dodge actually alive) the Minivan Plant the one in Windsor Ontario CANADA. Well tonight I see they decided to add 2 other vehicles in the commercial the Town and Country (made in Canada) and the 300 (made in Canada) and the Avenger(I think made in Sterling Heights Mi could be wrong but why do they say the Town and Country Imported from Detroit? Um built in Windsor, so are 3 other cars, Challenger, Charger and 300 well actually the latter 3 made in Bramalea Ontario...still Canada. I understand the whole Detroit is auto town blah blah but Chrysler had several plants in Windsor which was an auto town also until they all but the minivan went packing. I think Canada should be given it's due credit in those commercials. Minivan saved the company over and over.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Dodge_Ram_3500
Veteran

For marketing reasons, it brings out the proud feeling that, "If I buy this car Im buying a car built in AMERICA" meanwhile, like you said they're built in Canada, just accross the river.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:53 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Dodge_Ram_3500
For marketing reasons, it brings out the proud feeling that, "If I buy this car Im buying a car built in AMERICA" meanwhile, like you said they're built in Canada, just accross the river.
Ya where do you live in South America....just a Geography lesson US and CAN are in North America so why can't the commercial say Imported from North America? That is all no biggy just something having worked at two of the Plants in Windsor. Three of the Flagship SRT models are built in the same plant in Canada. Like I said I would be happy to see North America instead of Detroit...

Old 07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Jareski
Veteran

Like Dodge_Ram_3500 said, that's just marketing. Some are built in Canada, you are correct about that. But would the commercial be as interesting if it said "Imported from North America"?

They want to give off the impression that they are aware that the imports are better in quality, so they are trying to match them. American made autos have always been lacking interior quality, and they finally are improving in the 2012 model years. The 2012 Charger looks pretty good inside.

In short, it's just marketing.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Jareski
Like Dodge_Ram_3500 said, that's just marketing. Some are built in Canada, you are correct about that. But would the commercial be as interesting if it said "Imported from North America"?

They want to give off the impression that they are aware that the imports are better in quality, so they are trying to match them. American made autos have always been lacking interior quality, and they finally are improving in the 2012 model years. The 2012 Charger looks pretty good inside.

In short, it's just marketing.
MY point they are not American made they are Canadian made, I just bought a 2012 300, I can' find one issue with it. Anyway I get your point but 4 of the big sellers are made here and well we get no cred for it.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Jareski
Veteran

We only get credit for polar bears and poutine. But I'm used to that. :P

Quick Reply: Imported from Detroit?