Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

2005 Caravan stuck in reverse, need help!!!ASAP.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 AM
igorot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2005 Caravan stuck in reverse, need help!!!ASAP.

Hello everybody, any idea or anybody run into this kind of trouble? Saturday I came home and turned off my van I know I put it on PARK, and came back in the van restart it and would not start. I thought it was a battery problem and replaced the battery and restart it again but in no avail it won't turn. I noticed that the gear shift ilumation light was in reverse, I tried to switch it to any gear but the only ilumated gears are D3 and L, it won't even ilumenate on neutral. I left it in D and open the hood and pushed the shifter by the transmission itself and it moved down and up. Then checked the dashboard and it did shift back to park. It start again this time. Monday I drove it but the problem came back again as soon as I put it on park and stuck in reverse. I did the same thing again push the shifter and cable and came back to park. But this time when I started it the ilumination light on gear shift was flickering back in fort batween P and R. Everytime I start it I always hear cdouble clicking by ignition. I was wondering if this is a ignition problem as I don't have any idea at this time. I did switched On and Off in the ignition about 6 times and there was a code came out P0633. I looked up in OBDII but the coed was not listed. I don't know if maybe because the weather temperature was so cold @ -15. Only this winter this happens. Please can someone HELP me with this. THANK YOU!!! Please email me your reply if possible at igorot@rogers.com.

Last edited by igorot; 01-03-2012 at 04:39 AM. Reason: adding

Quick Reply: 2005 Caravan stuck in reverse, need help!!!ASAP.