Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Dodge SX 2.0 2004

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 12:04 AM
Kim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge SX 2.0 2004

I purchased my car in February & have driven it on 2 short road trips and they have been the drive from H-LL. I didn't get the optional 15in tires, but maybe I should have? The car wants to float across the road, especially on corners, just don't seem to have much road coverage. I had my husband drive it also & he agrees with me. Has any one else had this problem?

Old 05-17-2006, 04:45 PM
superdawnn
Default RE: Dodge SX 2.0 2004

Hi Kim,

I was wondering if you have the standard model or the sport? Here's why....

I bought a new 2003 Dodge SX, standard model and I totally know what you are talking about on the floating feeling - and I did get upgraded tires. In fact, it was so bad, I even replaced the upgraded tires with further up-graded tires, which helped some, but not 100%. It was actually so bad, I hated driving the car b/c it was scary. In the end, the car did not make a corner, hit a post and was written off on it's one year anniversary. I always wondered if this was due to the slightly slick road conditions, or if in fact the car was weird, as it never handled well, even in great driving conditions... Because the tires did not improve the handling that much, it is not relative to the tires, but maybe the wheel spacing???

I actually brought the the 2003 car to a dealership to have it looked at, b/c I thought the floating was weird, but they did not find anything wrong with the car.

On a lighter note, I ended up buying a 2004 Dodge SX, sport model and have not had these same issue. The sport model totally feels like a different car, and I actually enjoy driving it...

I am definitely interested in more info on your situation - it is definitely interesting that I'm not the only one describing the handling of the car as "floating".

Thank you,

Dawnn

Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 PM
jake1160
Default RE: Dodge SX 2.0 2004

You need new sway bar bushings..be sure to replace both sides...i guarantee you it will solve your problem..

Quick Reply: Dodge SX 2.0 2004