Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

Need Help removing grill from 1968 dodge charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 01:41 PM
john108
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help removing grill from 1968 dodge charger

Need Help with removing a grill from 1968 Dodge Charger.
I am trying to replace the left front fender. The service manual I have indicated that I have to remove the bumber and grill but offers no help. I can see that this is necessary because the fender needs to slide forward to clear some welded brackets.
The bumper is off. I have the grill, frame supporting the grill, and fender all loose. The frame around the grill and the grill itself have an interference, around the headlights and mechanism that opens their doors, that is stopping me from removing them.
Without removing every screw that I can find, resulting in a bunch of parts that I won't be able to put back together, there must be some procedure that identifies only what needs to be removed.
I am hoping that someone out there can do it blind folded and can help me identify what I need to do. And, are there any written instructions that would be easy to follow.
Thank you
John

Quick Reply: Need Help removing grill from 1968 dodge charger