Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

Oh balls.. (Gauges)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 08:12 PM
ticon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh *****.. (Gauges)

Hi all!

I registered here for the sheer fact that I screwed up horribly. *background story*

I bought a 1974 Dodge Charger SE as my first car/project car before I get out of high school. Last week I decided to rip out all the dirty crappy interior and start anew. All was going well until I hit the gauge panel. I marked all the wires carefully, and walked it out of the car to set it down, where it proceeded to drop and break into many pieces. Oh no!

Now for the fun part, not having much knowledge of any other year Charger, is there a year(s) gauge panel that would be interchangable with my '74? Short of paying $600 bucks to get the gauges fixed, naturally.

Thanks for any help,
Ty

edit: And while we're at it, is there a way to convert a normally motor-driven window into a crank?

Old 11-22-2007, 11:01 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Default RE: Oh *****.. (Gauges)

The dash/gauge clusters from 71-74 Chargers and Satellite/RoadRunners should interchange with what you have... just need to make sure you have the same configuration (ie, rallye gauges vs standard). Not sure what you are asking on your window question- looking to replace a power window setup with standard cranks? Why would you want to do that? It would require changing out several items.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:40 PM
ticon

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

The dash/gauge clusters from 71-74 Chargers and Satellite/RoadRunners should interchange with what you have... just need to make sure you have the same configuration (ie, rallye gauges vs standard). Not sure what you are asking on your window question- looking to replace a power window setup with standard cranks? Why would you want to do that? It would require changing out several items.
Cool, thanks!

As for the window, I am missing the motors for both windows, along with the wiring into the door itself. Previous owner cut most of it out.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:48 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

YearOne usually has wiring and motor elements for these deals so you should be Ok

Quick Reply: Oh balls.. (Gauges)