Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

Information Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:05 PM
tdogmason
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information Help

I just purchased a 74 Charger, it is in great condition and I plan on making it even better in the next few years. My first question for this forum is, In the center of the gauges, inbetween the speedo and the oil pressure gauge there is a light, it comes on everonce in awhile, but it doesn't have a cover plate or any type of label. Can anyone tell me what this idiot light represents. I can take pictures if it helps, but I figure the classic guru's will nail this with no problem. I look forward to getting help from this forum.... T

Old 02-23-2008, 10:12 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Information Help

What color is it and what gauge/dash cluster does it have? The only ones I know of between the gauges are the turn signal indicators which I believe are green if my memory serves me correctly, but this is on the rally gauge cluster.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:31 PM
mr340
Muscle Car Moderator

I believe that is the High Beam Indicator light.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:45 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the Rally gauge cluster the high beam indicator is at the top center of the speedometer itself (75mph mark)and blue.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
tdogmason

I have the high beam indicator on the speedo as well the turn signals, so that is not it. Maybe my gauge cluster is out of a different year all together. I think the best thing would to be take a picture and post it so you fellas can see what I am talking about. Thanks for the help so far though..... T

Old 02-28-2008, 11:44 AM
tdogmason

I have an answer for the question troubling me for the past week. The light in the center of the Dash between the Speedo and the Oil Pressure gauge is the Emergency Brake Light. After freaking out over this light thinking that it was a low oil pressure light or a Temp Light it turns out to be the E-brake. The light come on and off at will, so I am sure that alittle ajustment in the E-brake sender will take care of that. Thanks to all that tried to assist my dumb-*** with this silly question.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:20 PM
mr340
Muscle Car Moderator

There are no silly or dumb questions here. Glad you got it figured out, I haven't seen one of those clusters in about 15 years so I'm a little rusty with the component locations.

Quick Reply: Information Help