Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

new to the Forum....Looking for ideas advise, and coments on my new 68 sport satellite project

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 PM
condor74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the Forum....Looking for ideas advise, and coments on my new 68 sport satellite project

well as the title says I am new to the forum and am looking for advise on my satellite project. Here is the run down on the car and parts that I have. It is a 1968 Sport Satellite 2 door...It is originally a 318 car but now sports a 383 727 combo. I have owned this car on and off since 1992. I have sold it 2 times now and bought 3 times. The body is ok not great. the interior is non existant. I have the original rear seat and I have the original dash. The a/c heater box is missing. The 383 has a mopar purple cam with .509 lift. stock bottom end save for a windage tray. It has a 3500 rpm 9.5 inch tourqe converter. It sports an 8 3/4 rear axle with a cone style sure grip and 3.91 gear ratio. It has headers with dual 2.5 inch exhaust to flow masters. It has front disk brakes from a 1976 dodge cornette. The motor also has a weiand single plane intake manifold with an edelbrock carburator...It also has a mallory dual point distributer. It is running front and rear weld draglight wheels with street bf goodrich ta tires in the rear and skinny tires on 4inch wide rims in the front. I just repurchaced the car after not owning it for about 4 years. Most of the modifications I did except for the Cam swap and the edelbrock carburator. The previous owner had ideas of putting a roll cage in so right now the dash and everything else is out of the car.. the windshield is currently removed as well. He was not going to put the stock dash back but rather build himself and aluminum dash...He also didnt tighten up the cam bolt on the cam when he installed it so he wound up bending some pushrods while running it at the track..(didnt run all that fast). I am cosidering doing a pocket port job to the heads since they are off. I would love to finish the roll cage except I do plan on driving this on the street and i have a family of 5 that might like to ride in it to the local cruise night. I also do plan on running it at the strip. I am hoping for a low to mid 12 second street car. I would love to go faster maybe with nitrous. Tell me what you would do.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:55 AM
dodgebrothers
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new to the Forum....Looking for ideas advise, and coments on my new 68 sport satellite project

Good luck with it, sounds like you have a lot of history with that car...Cool.

Plus, not a lot of 68 SPort Satelites out there. Glad to hear another is being re-furbished and not cloned into something else.

Quick Reply: new to the Forum....Looking for ideas advise, and coments on my new 68 sport satellite project