Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

'73 Sattelite, should I buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
thumperk15
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '73 Sattelite, should I buy it?

I have a 2001 Dakota with a 408 stroker, and its way too fast for my heavy cc truck. Trucks are heavy, and light on the back end. I dont want to be out any money on this truck. I looked for Dusters, Darts, thought about the light little gen 1 S-10's, but I found this car. It is a straight little car, with rust were the vynil top used to be, but thats all the pics show. Guy is asking $1500. It is a 400bb auto car, AC, power brakes,power steering, runs and drives, owner said its all original, eventhough the Sattelites arent worth a whole lot with matching numbers. He said it drives but wont stop...lol, needs brake work, and tires, but wheels and tires have to go. Thing is, I dont need the engine, it would be a bonus. I need my 408 in there. Should I, or should I wait and look around?

This is what would go in it...

Last edited by thumperk15; 03-05-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Buy it dude. I dont see why not. If its in fairly decent condition, its a good price. Who cares what theyre worth? Its meant to be driven right? Get it and have fun with it.

Whats so bad about having a fast truck?? Mines heavier than yours, and I wouldnt be surprised if it hung with you or even beat yours. Although I dont know how built the 408 is...just saying.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:04 PM
thumperk15
Veteran

Beat me? Maybe, I am pretty slow. I have a 72 Nova rear, I may drop that under there and call it good. It has 4.11 gears and posi. That, and some good full blown slicks and it should hook up. That's cheaper than a car.

Quick Reply: '73 Sattelite, should I buy it?