Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

Dodge-Charger.com website?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 06:04 PM
lumpy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge-Charger.com website?

I have not been able to access the dodge-charger.com website for about a week, anybody know what's going on?

Old 04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Default RE: Dodge-Charger.com website?

It's pretty much dead- major server issues. Direct quote from Troy, the guy who pretty much ran the site, talking about it on another board:

Sorry about the lack of an update but I really don't have any good news. The server is literally inaccessible (not just the web site itself but everything including Telnet, FTP, Ping, and the database). Soooooooo, it's either offline, the power is physically off, or there's a massive DDOS attack going on. I have to assume the worst since the DNS servers stopped resolving the name a few hours after the site disappeared If you have no idea what that means it's definitely not good. The only bright spot is that I have a fairly recent backup of the database at my house and I know of a server to put it on. The only thing I don't have is the name (or a whole lot of time to deal with it right now). The data isn't lost but it doesn't look like it will be available right away. I'm still working on it though.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:09 AM
lumpy
Rookie

That's too bad, hope he gets it up and running soon!! If you ever had a tech question, that was the place to go, nice folks ,too!!

Old 04-13-2005, 10:00 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Yeah, I liked that site a lot. There's a 'replacement' board that has been started up by some of the folks from D-C.com, at:

http://dodgecharger.proboards20.com/index.cgi

Haven't checked it out myself, plan to when I get some time. I found out about it at this one, which I am signed up for:

http://1970chargerregistry.com/

Several of the folks from D-C.com registered there, including Troy. Seems to be a good friendly bunch.

By the way, did you get the PM I sent you, regarding the Charger? Let me know.......

Old 04-13-2005, 06:43 PM
lumpy
Rookie

Thanks for the info. The '73 Charger is for sale, he wants 5grand, I'm gonna try and buy the Charger and the '70 Challenger, maybe he'll cut me a deal.I think he's a little high on the Charger, he only wants $4500.00 for the Challenger.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:47 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

A little additional info on the D-C.com site.... Jesse, the owner of the site, has finally surfaced and has stated that he plans to resurrect the site soon and turn more control of it over to Troy.... so all may not be lost yet! Apparently, he's in the middle of an ugly divorce, and has his '68 up for sale on the 'Bag.... when he gets some funds to work with after the car sells, he plans to bring it back and settle up with everyone on the T-shirt snafu which you may have also heard about.....

Additional info from Jesse himself, replies #36 & 46 on this thread:

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/smf/i...?topic=9652.30

Old 04-14-2005, 09:31 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Good news..... IT'S BACK!!!!!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Dodge-Charger.com website?