Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

Color of hood!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 05:17 PM
chfjim
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color of hood!

My 72' RR is getting a face lift Im putting the original hood on but want to know if I should go flat black or the cars color burnt orange!

Old 05-05-2004, 08:34 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Color of hood!

Either one would look good, but the contrast with the flat black would be sharp!!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-06-2004, 02:41 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which hood do you have, the raisin bran(two side facing scoops) or the air-grabber hood with the pop up hood scoop? The raisin bran hood looks best in body color and the air grabber is supose to be flat black on the raised part and would look good with the whole thing flat black.

Old 05-06-2004, 05:16 PM
chfjim
Veteran

I have the Raisin Bran Hood. It was originally the flat black!

Old 05-07-2004, 04:51 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the factory? I've never seen, read or heard of that style hood coming in flat black from the factory. I've never even seen one of those hoods in flat black, from the factory or otherwise.

Old 05-09-2004, 06:11 PM
banshee
Professional

The standard performance hood that came with the roadrunner and GTX never came from the factory in flat or semi-flat black. I have all the original dealership literature regarding factory options and codes for the 1971 Satellite line-up.

If your beeper was originally bought with a satin black hood then it was done at the dealership level as a selling gimmick to try and move some inventory.

The side scoops that display the cid on the standard performance hood were either body color from the factory or they were painted to match the strobe stripe.

The optional fresh air induction ( air grabber ) hood was also body color on the metal surface but was satin black on the fibergalss bulge.

Personally, I think the all satin hood looks bad-*** on the T/A Challanger and the AAR Cuda but it would not look good at all on a 71/72 beeper hood. Also keep in mind that the T/A and AAR hoods were completely glass ....no metal at all.

Quick Reply: Color of hood!