Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Rims for Charger SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:02 PM
NevRegret
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims for Charger SRT8

I've been thinking about putting rims on my Charger SRT8 next summer, but am concerned about any potential problems with the Tire Monitoring System. Has anyone experience any issues with using aftermarket rims and wheels with the stock tire pressuremodules? I'm also thinking about 22's... any issues with ride quality or performance? If anyone has any recommendations for wheels and tires, including sizes and offsets, I'd like to hear it as well. Thanks.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:59 PM
1BADSRT8
Default RE: Rims for Charger SRT8

If you put aftermarket rims on the vehicle then you should make sure the sensors fit into the new rims. I went to a certification class for the TPMS. If my shop put your new wheels on your car without the sensors I would be disabling the system. Therfore if you go down the road had a flat tire that caused an accident an investigation would uncover that the sensors were gone then they would trace it back to my shop and I would be held responsible.It all sucks but thats were everything is headed. After September 07 all new vehicle will have the TPMS in them nad they are not cheap....

Old 05-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Dawnhigh1
Default Charger w/ 22" rims + pic halos info

I have 22" Rims and have had no problems with rubbing the wheel wells or any systems failures. I purchased the car from the dealership and they had them put on. I love the look of my Charger and it turns heads. .. Also, I put on the halos in blue- Was a kit I bought on Ebay. I have to say to steer clear of this project. I had to take apart the front of my Charger and bake my lights in the oven...Pros: The Charger looked Awesomely Mean!!! - especially when the headlights were out. {I purchased the kit with the foglight halo kit- I have fogs}, Also, there was a Youtube clip to help with install - Dodge forum had a person explain how to take apart the front bumper etc...to get to the lights...CONS: The time spent taking apart and installing. If not sealed and baked correctly the headlights will get condensation inside- fogging your light. You have to run wires and hide them as well as installing a toggle switch { not provided in kit- However, cheap at Auto stores}. The halos fuse box seem to need replacing here and there and some of the halos dim or have days where they are violet instead of blue. I am still quite happy with the look it is just quite a bit of maintenance.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Dawnhigh1
Default Dodge charger 22" rim pic

[ Rims for Charger SRT8-charger.jpg

Quick Reply: Rims for Charger SRT8