Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

No Special SRT delaer

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Hemi RT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Special SRT delaer

I thought you had to buy your SRT brand new from an SRT Authorised dealer but apparently according to Dodge you can buy one new at ANT dodge dealer. I did not know that.

Old 01-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: No Special SRT delaer

Oooh, now see... I thought any dealer could sell one... they just have to order it from Chrysler... I didn't know of SRT Authorized dealers either... am I out of the loop?? LOL!

~Amanda

Old 01-31-2005, 02:58 PM
Hemi RT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I had read somewhere that a dealer refered to themself as "An SRT Authorised Dealer" I wrote to Dodge and they said no any dealer. I guess that makes sense though since I've seen SRT-10's all over the place. I thought that in the 80's when MB AMG's were big (due to Miami Vice) that only Authorised MB dealer could sell new. Kinda on/off the subject...Miami Vice comes out on DVD this month

Old 01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to sell SRT vehicles, or to stock them at least, you must be a PVO dealership...that means that, at all times, you are required to have on your floorplan, or on order:
1 SRT-10 Viper
1 SRT-10 Ram
1 SRT-6 Crossfire
1 SRT-4 Neon

they imposed these rules because some places didnt want to deal with the viper, ram, or crossfire, and just wanted to stock the neon, which is the only one that really sells well.

another issue is that when you have on order one of these vehicles, , basically all the time, you never know when they will show up...our yellow fever SRT-10 ram, and the SRT-6 crossfire showed up the day we had our first good snow.

Quick Reply: No Special SRT delaer